þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GW2 Update

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

GW2 Update Empty
PostSubject: GW2 Update   GW2 Update EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:21 am

We (Wes and I) are still playing on the Sea of Sorrows server if anyone wants to join us.

So far i am enjoying the game.

The Questing system is a nice change from other games. Quest are area based and automatically picked up by entering the corresponding area and completion rewards are delivered to your mail that you can access from anywhere any time.

Crafting is enjoyable and worth while i gained a full level last night in about 5 minutes crafting with mats i had gathered. You can choose two careers recipes are granted automatically but there is still the option to "discover" new ones by placing random items in the forge; the UI will tell you if it is going to work or not.

PVP MINIs is nice there is a tournament system for Premade teams and a seperate queue for pugs. All characters are given 80 gear, stats, and abilities for minis. Mini games have their own leveling system (Glory) so there is no need to ever level you character past level 2 in PVE if Mini games are your goal.

WvWvW this is my favorite. your server is pitted against 2 other servers in a persistent battle ground made up of small keeps and towns. This is what AoC sieges should have been. Castles are constantly lost and won in mass PVP battles that include siege weapons. Characters are bumped to 80 for this but do not gain gear or abilities like in Minis; but you do gain normal EXP so you could level thru it.

We found out that we are playing on the unofficial aussie/east Asian server there also seems to be a high population of south American guilds. But so far our play times have been busy and populated so i don't think that will be a problem. We are playing with the HSA guild but i doubt that will hold for long.

Anyways if any of you are thinking about it give it a shot and let us know.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

GW2 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW2 Update   GW2 Update EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:25 am

I'm on Isle of Janthir with most of my friends. You can add me to your friend list with the name "hex.8954" and we can do some PvP Minis if we're online at the same time!
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

GW2 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW2 Update   GW2 Update EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:19 pm

that's a shame since the only friends that matter are on sea of sorrows.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

GW2 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW2 Update   GW2 Update EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:17 am

i never see you in game simon
Back to top Go down