þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aoc Update

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:47 pm

Maybe too little too late, but here it is:

Silirrion wrote:

The Blood and Glory server ruleset

The idea for this server type, which we shall call the 'Blood and Glory' servers for now, is to provide a more 'old school' PVP environment. This will be a server where your reputation and skill will mean something, and surviving will require you to keep your wits about you, and make good friends. It will, in effect, be intentionally uncompromising. This will very much be a 'live by the sword, die by the sword' type of server.

The Rules

So, let's take a look at the variations that we are looking at for this server, with the usual disclaimer of course that some or all of these may get tweaked, changed or adjusted based on testing and community feedback.
This will be a fresh start server, no transfers.
You will only be allowed one character on this server. Your reputation will mean something on this server!
There will be no guards on this server. Your only protection from other players will be your allies, and your own wits and skills.
PVP will be re-enabled in the early optional Tortage areas.
There will be a player looting system from PVP. We haven't decided on the details here, and it probably won’t be looting from a players equipped inventory, but may include some combination of items from their regular inventory and ‘generated’ loot.
We may amend other PVP related systems as we see fit, pending testing.

So as you can see, this rule-set will not be for the faint of heart. It is a PVP server for the people who really want to experience a more demanding competitive environment. We wanted to provide something for those PVP fans, and Conan fans who felt the world of Howard’s Hyboria deserved a more brutal and bloody re-imagining.

Naming the servers

We will be allowing the players to suggest names for the new servers, and the best suggestions will then be voted on to decide the final name. The community team will announce more details on this as we move forward.

When? When?

We hope to have the new rule-set ready to roll out in early May, but we will hopefully deploy a version to the PVP test dimension prior to that for some public testing. Keep your eyes on the weekly community updates for more information as to when that will happen.

This change will also mean we move around the existing PVP servers. The current thought is that we will most likely merge the other existing PVP servers, so that a good workable community remains there too, and effectively have the choice for people between the regular PVP server and the new Blood and Glory PVP server, which will be clearly labelled on the character creation screens. So hopefully this will allow both communities to exist side by side, and everyone gets to experience their preference for PVP. This is something we will continue to assess as we get closer to the launch of the server, but we will be making sure that we maximise the ease with which people can choose which of the PVP variants they play on.

Wrapping up

We are quite excited to get the chance to try something like this, and try and also provide something that is focused on a specific niche of players who have a slightly different taste for PVP. It has long been one of our challenges with a title like Age of Conan, and this is the result of a lot of hard thinking about how we can better appeal to both sets of players, without compromising the desires of both too heavily.

Having a separate rule-set was eventually the choice that made logical sense given the clear split in PVP tastes amongst our community and there is something suitably 'Conan-esque' about this proposal. I think the great barbarian would approve of this world where your survival will be dictated by your wits and skill alone.

So that's it for this month, I am sure this one will generate some discussion, so we will be reading along with interest! As you read this we will hopefully be getting ready to deploy the Dreamworld technology update, so there are definitely exciting times ahead!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:11 am

Interesting. This might be worth looking into.

And we still have time to play DDO and get bored with it so...
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:21 am

translation the game is dead. It is way to little to way to late. I will try it out if they get rid of all pvp and raid gear.
you start over from scratch, so now you have to grind out another 80 fuckin levels and 10 pvp lvls.

SAME BULLSHIT NEW NAME
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:41 am

Yeah, its 2 years too late, but at least they are trying. Although it seems like they are trying to move the troublesome people over there so there is less QQ in Cimmeria.

Its going to be a server full of sins, barbs, rangers, BS, Guardians

I didn't like DCUO really, aoc keeps me busy until Vampire or 40K. I probably didnt play DCUO enough to really get a feel, but it just didnt grab me.

Been getting a nagging to play through original Dawn of War again.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:04 am

Have you thought of DDO?

Concerning the new ruleset, I'd try if if they would make the good gear Crafter made or something relatively easy to get, easy to lose (PvP loot) and cancel the whole AA stuff. But I guess this won't happen...!

The main idea behind it is interesting, but I think they would need to change more to make it truly "hardcore". I guess it could be hard for them to make it this way since they would need to change a lot more stuff, and the fact the game was not build around this does not help.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:04 pm

hex! wrote:
Have you thought of DDO?

Concerning the new ruleset, I'd try if if they would make the good gear Crafter made or something relatively easy to get, easy to lose (PvP loot) and cancel the whole AA stuff. But I guess this won't happen...!

The main idea behind it is interesting, but I think they would need to change more to make it truly "hardcore". I guess it could be hard for them to make it this way since they would need to change a lot more stuff, and the fact the game was not build around this does not help.

they would have to admit everything they have done for the last 2 years was wrong. Reverse it and then they might beable to fix things. Not going to happen.

I did enjoy DDO last night. Krig it is free to play the only problem is the lack of PVP but as a PVE game its great.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:19 pm

PVE - meh
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Krig wrote:
PVE - meh
your playing AOC even the PVP is PVE.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:24 pm

There IS PvP in DDO btw, although it's just scenario based match (DM, CTF, etc).

I don't think it's very popular though, maybe it is more at higher levels. (I'm only lvl 2)
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:11 pm

I just fucking uninstalled that shit, too.

I'd be down to try this if we roll 4 rangers and 1 POM, make a month of reliving the old days, then tell them to fuck off again.

Also, what new rule set? As Joe said, they're just putting it back to launch and telling you to level again. Who fucking cares about looting players if it will come back down to who gets pvp gear at 80? I wouldn't even try to level.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Randy

Randy

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Thrym wrote:
I just fucking uninstalled that shit, too.

I'd be down to try this if we roll 4 rangers and 1 POM, make a month of reliving the old days, then tell them to fuck off again.

Also, what new rule set? As Joe said, they're just putting it back to launch and telling you to level again. Who fucking cares about looting players if it will come back down to who gets pvp gear at 80? I wouldn't even try to level.

I'm in for reliving the old days.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:06 am

Ok, so that's me and Randy down for two of the four rangers. I'd be calling 'not it' if you don't want to be the pom!
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:29 am

Thrym wrote:
Ok, so that's me and Randy down for two of the four rangers. I'd be calling 'not it' if you don't want to be the pom!

Now would be a good time to start phonebooking SmexyPom
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 6:35 pm

i still sounds like complete shit, but will go with the majority on this, however i will not be making a ranger.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 am

Thiazi wrote:
i still sounds like complete shit, but will go with the majority on this, however i will not be making a ranger.

POM?

I'd still rather play DCUO than all these other turkey pumpers.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:34 am

I would remake my guard/sin/hox if was going back to aoc on a new server.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:49 am

If this is only for a month or so, guard is probably not the way to go. Tanks in general take forever to actually get good. Of the 3 tanks, guard is best choice.

Sin and Hox are both good. Hox seems weaker once gear becomes an issue, but otherwise works great.

Sin, Barb, Ranger, BS, guard - these are going to be the predominant classes on the new server.

Ranger has advantage of ability to get an epic weapon from Yak quest. Barbs are semi-hard to get decent gear for, since armorsmith light armor is geared for casters.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:10 am

Barbs may be big at first, but when people start hiting 50+ the barbs will die off rerolled or hanging in the 59 bracket. Their combo molding only carries them so far.

I was smashing face with my guard at lvl 20 when they were the worse class in the game.

Rangers will make up atleast 50% of the characters. Sins will probably make up 30%

Healers will out number tanks and tanks will out number mages. Guardian will probably be the dominate tank, and Hox the dominate mage.

I think tanks will eventually out number the healers as people rage quit because assassians and rangers shit all over their healer.

80 will end up being mostly Rangers, Sin, Guardian. Rangers and Sins because of ease of play, guardian because its the only one that can survive the those 2.

Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:10 am

I agree with joe's assessment, but I'm with krig on I'd eliminate guard as an option because of timeline. I have no intention of grinding out gear and Khitai crap, so however great a class is at 80 fuck it, moot point. Sure, you can kill someone on a guard at 20, but my personal philosophy is make this the funnest month (or so) possible and then be done with it. My assumption is sin/ranger would be the funnest for that short a timeline, so sin for Joe, or he and I do have a habit of running our head into a wall so go with the guard if being oppositional increases the 'fun' factor for u.

I'm planning on ranger or barb, cause I doubt I'll care after 60.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:15 am

I'll probably go Ranger since this is the best and most fun class when it comes to ganking fools at low level and while leveling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aoc Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoc Update   Aoc Update Empty

Back to top Go down

Aoc Update
Page 1 of 1