þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new class revealed:The Smuggler

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new class revealed:The Smuggler   A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:20 am

modx wrote:
Really I hope it better then Warhammer fantasy mmo. Sorry man Space marines < then Jedi/Sith. lol!
please tell me how you think a sith or jedi is going to kill a space marine. librarian in power armor = dark vader on steriods. hell one power fist and they are punching holes thru the death star, luke needed like 2 squadrons of xwings to take it down.

I do want to point out that clone troopers pretty much wiped out the jedi and lets face it space marines wipe their asses with clone troopers.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

PostSubject: Re: A new class revealed:The Smuggler   A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:56 pm

I'd like to point out that clone troopers outnumbered the jedi like 10 to 1 or more. We aren't talking numbers here I think, just 1 vs 1.

The Star Wars universe is deep, interesting, and varied. Jedi are very powerful in that universe, but they just don't measure up in 40k.

A space marine would be like Boba Fett, except taller, stronger, faster, with 3 lungs, 2 hearts, plus more. Their armor is better than Fett's Mandalorian armor too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
modx

Number of posts : 357

Character sheet
Character Name: Solomon

PostSubject: Re: A new class revealed:The Smuggler   A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:33 pm

I am not trying to compare both a space marine and a jedi/sith, they are two different universes. I simple was just saying that I like jedi/sith more than space marines. I really don't care if a space marine can destory a jedi/sith in combat. But dont get my wrong I like space marines, I even have a space marine army for the table top game.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: A new class revealed:The Smuggler   A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Krig wrote:
I'd like to point out that clone troopers outnumbered the jedi like 10 to 1 or more. We aren't talking numbers here I think, just 1 vs 1.

The Star Wars universe is deep, interesting, and varied. Jedi are very powerful in that universe, but they just don't measure up in 40k.

A space marine would be like Boba Fett, except taller, stronger, faster, with 3 lungs, 2 hearts, plus more. Their armor is better than Fett's Mandalorian armor too.

and one space marine is worth 20+ clone troopers not to mention.

light sabres could not cut thru everything mandalorin metal is a prime example. And I am pretty sure power armor or even better terminator armor is stronger then the shit bobba fett was wearing.

also bolter rounds are designed to explode so once the jedi's light sabre came into contact with it to deflect it.... well i am pretty sure it would be a closed casket.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: A new class revealed:The Smuggler   A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:05 am

I'd take Revan, Maul, and Sidious (and those are just 3 popular powerful siths, which I'm sure there were/are stronger) against any 3 space marines you got.

Space Marines fuck each other in the ass, everyone knows it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com

PostSubject: Re: A new class revealed:The Smuggler   A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 am

M'kay compare the facts here the statement was made as to weather or not power weapons could handle light sabers the real question is watch what happens when a jedi blocks a rocket with a lightsaber ... game over

And as Joe pointed out bolt rounds explode on contact as well, so lets see darth maul withstand a hail of gunfire from a heavy bolter if he blocks them hes fucked if he tries to dodge them (using stats from the roleplaying game) they shoot more then 30 rounds per 6 seconds from far enough away hes not going to dodge them all, yes with force jump hes going to be able to close that gap quickly but its harder to dodge mid air, not saying its impossible but your not going to dodge that many rounds and blocking still isnt an option

in melee again joe pointed out a very big fact Terminator armor which projects a force field ... in any of the movies what happened when destroyer droids showed up with their ... wait for it ... force fields, the jedi surrendered or got their ass handed to them until they retreated except that space marines don't take prisoners they're heretics burn them

Alright you want a badass space marine to put a jedi against take a look at Varro Tigurius Chief Librarian of the Ultramarines first off remember his armaments as well as almost all others in the space marine army explode on impact so blocking ranged attacks .. not an option he as well as all librarians are equiped with a psychic hood which allows them to supress mental abilities used by their enemies so no force lightning for you. also comes complete with a list of nasty psychic powers, force dome - creates a force field for him and anyone he is with, Quickening - as it states makes him fast as hell (in warhammer 40k terms fastest attacker in the game), The avenger - psychic flamethrower block that, and if things go south Gate of infinity - he can teleport

and should all else fail they'll nuke the entire planet your on
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: A new class revealed:The Smuggler   A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:28 am

Aegir wrote:
M'kay compare the facts here the statement was made as to weather or not power weapons could handle light sabers the real question is watch what happens when a jedi blocks a rocket with a lightsaber ... game over

And as Joe pointed out bolt rounds explode on contact as well, so lets see darth maul withstand a hail of gunfire from a heavy bolter if he blocks them hes fucked if he tries to dodge them (using stats from the roleplaying game) they shoot more then 30 rounds per 6 seconds from far enough away hes not going to dodge them all, yes with force jump hes going to be able to close that gap quickly but its harder to dodge mid air, not saying its impossible but your not going to dodge that many rounds and blocking still isnt an option

in melee again joe pointed out a very big fact Terminator armor which projects a force field ... in any of the movies what happened when destroyer droids showed up with their ... wait for it ... force fields, the jedi surrendered or got their ass handed to them until they retreated except that space marines don't take prisoners they're heretics burn them

Alright you want a badass space marine to put a jedi against take a look at Varro Tigurius Chief Librarian of the Ultramarines first off remember his armaments as well as almost all others in the space marine army explode on impact so blocking ranged attacks .. not an option he as well as all librarians are equiped with a psychic hood which allows them to supress mental abilities used by their enemies so no force lightning for you. also comes complete with a list of nasty psychic powers, force dome - creates a force field for him and anyone he is with, Quickening - as it states makes him fast as hell (in warhammer 40k terms fastest attacker in the game), The avenger - psychic flamethrower block that, and if things go south Gate of infinity - he can teleport

and should all else fail they'll nuke the entire planet your on

Amen
I wanted to improve on his post, but well i couldnt.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

PostSubject: Re: A new class revealed:The Smuggler   A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:38 am

Victory is but a prelude to the next battle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: A new class revealed:The Smuggler   A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:35 am

And yet, they still somehow die to the other classes in 40k. I admittedly know next to nothing about 40k, but given the amount of roids the classes get from your example I envision a Sith Lord with similar armor (Sith, unlike Jedi, are more prone to armor even in their universe), dual-wield light sabres with exploding round mini-guns in the hilt, and sticking with Sith: who needs to dodge? I've got my light shield projecting armor and am already using dead jedi bodies to absorb damage. Or hey, why not force push the exploding rounds back on your face? Just because George Lucas doesn't maximize their potential doesn't mean a sith wouldn't adapt and be relentless in a nerdrage fight.

As to the anti-mental ability head piece, I would argue I'd still have force lightning and would set off your exploding rounds again in your face, and am malfunctioning all your shit. I don't see it as a 'mental ability' a la mind trick, but can't deny there has to be some sort of mental aspect to force lightning and other abilities like say telekinesis. BUT, I'm also assuming I have an anti-anti-mental ability head piece, or some other ridiculous 40k roid piece that would give a save.

*Anyone else notice Sean said 'jedi/sith' instead of just 'sith?' He's only mascarading his sith love in front of us, while secretly smooching mace windu manga pics in his bedroom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: A new class revealed:The Smuggler   A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:08 am

Thrym wrote:
And yet, they still somehow die to the other classes in 40k. I admittedly know next to nothing about 40k, but given the amount of roids the classes get from your example I envision a Sith Lord with similar armor (Sith, unlike Jedi, are more prone to armor even in their universe), dual-wield light sabres with exploding round mini-guns in the hilt, and sticking with Sith: who needs to dodge? I've got my light shield projecting armor and am already using dead jedi bodies to absorb damage. Or hey, why not force push the exploding rounds back on your face? Just because George Lucas doesn't maximize their potential doesn't mean a sith wouldn't adapt and be relentless in a nerdrage fight.

As to the anti-mental ability head piece, I would argue I'd still have force lightning and would set off your exploding rounds again in your face, and am malfunctioning all your shit. I don't see it as a 'mental ability' a la mind trick, but can't deny there has to be some sort of mental aspect to force lightning and other abilities like say telekinesis. BUT, I'm also assuming I have an anti-anti-mental ability head piece, or some other ridiculous 40k roid piece that would give a save.

*Anyone else notice Sean said 'jedi/sith' instead of just 'sith?' He's only mascarading his sith love in front of us, while secretly smooching mace windu manga pics in his bedroom.

and yet jedi/sith died to clone troopers. certain space marine chapters are trained to kill pyschers/force users, with this training comes all kinds of anti force abilities. other chapters are very strong in pyschic's/the force and their grand masters are more powerful based of skill descriptions then any force user i have seen or read about.

so basically the fight comes down to close combat, and the space marines are stronger faster and better equipped. Now you can use the arguement that you would wear the same armor sense we are placing them in the same universe, but unless you give them all of the implants and "roids" you are still out matched. yes you can give them those implants and roids as well, but now you have made them a space marine. which means you are comparing space marine to space marine which = glorious battle.

Case and point what do the sith do with their dead? what do the jedi do with their dead?
the space marines encase their dead in mech's called dreadnaughts to fight on, while obi wan gives luke dating advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new class revealed:The Smuggler   A new class revealed:The Smuggler - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A new class revealed:The Smuggler
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2