þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
modx

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Solomon

First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter Empty
PostSubject: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 2:46 pm

One of the class's you well be able to play in the star wars: The Old Republic is the bounty hunter. Here is a link to the web page: Bounty Hunter
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 7:21 pm

I plan to play this class.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:01 am

... personally unless bioware changes something in their workings of the game i think its going to have more of a single player feel to it but i will defenitly be a bounty hunter, but i hope to hell as a bounty hunter you can kill players for money i'd fucking love that
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:32 am

Quote :
i hope to hell as a bounty hunter you can kill players for money i'd fucking love that

Yeah, that's what I am hoping for too. I'm kinda worried about being beaten like a red headed step-child by jedi tho.

Jedi are OP, nerf jedi.

Edit to say: Also, I'm torn about how every bounty hunter suddenly has Mandalorian Battle Armor. First, I think "My character looks like Boba Fett, bad ass." then "Everyone will look like Boba Fett, damn."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:21 pm

hopefully they dont make one suit of armor end game the best because at that point everyone will have it they need to make a few different ones with different specialties or something would be great
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:40 pm

it does say something about being being jedi killers and force resistance if you read through all of it. So my guess is they are designed as a trump to the Jedi

Last edited by Thiazi on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 pm

dunno if you guys played galactic battlegrounds but bounty hunters trumped jedi hard core there was absolutely no contest hence half the reason i like bounty hunters
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:45 am

How did bounty hunters deal with force powers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:54 am

they killed the jedi before they got them off ... not sure how but their blasters were unblockable and did retarded dmg plus they had a natural resistance to it so there was the % chance nothing would happen even if they did get it off
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Bounty Hunters not immune to force.   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:55 pm

I just want to throw this out there. Bounty hunter themselfs are not immune to the force. But if the bounty hunter is a alien species that is immune to the force, and there are alien species in the star wars universe that are immune to the force. Also if the bounty hunter is a force user as well he/she might be immune to some force powers. But the bounty hunter class as never been immune to force powers.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:26 am

Immune, no they are not. I don't think that was said. I did say resistant, which was me reading between the lines. I only read the page once quickly, but under combat tatics
Quote :
Whether working for credits or principle, the Bounty Hunter pursues his targets with dogged determination and methodical precision. Bounty Hunters are renowned for their versatility on the battlefield and their ability to go toe-to-toe with force-users. Their legendary abilities in this arena have earned them the nickname “Jedi Killers”. Whoever they must face, however, the Bounty Hunter comes armed with the most-advanced weaponry on the black market, packing heavy firepower but always keeping a variety of tricks and gadgets ready to go.
The only way to go toe to toe with a jedi is to cancel out his force abilities, which is what lead me to say they may be resistant to the force. but regardless they are a jedi trump class according to the pharagraph above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:43 am

force resistance would be a much more likely mechanic to employ against jedi in an mmo otherwise bounty hunters would be OP and would need to be nerf'd hard fast ... w/o lube
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:14 pm

On a side note i hate paper rock siscor races/classes in games. but it seems a nessacary evil unless you open everything to everyone like darkfall
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm

I hope they come up with something other than "Force Resistance" - but I am not sure what.

The Force, at least to me, seemed mystical and different. The Force almost always guaranteed victory or survival against seemingly overwhelming odds. Add lightsabers, which appear to be unblockable except by another lightsaber, and you have a very overpowered character vs blaster users(which they can block shots from).

Breaking The Force down numerically seems like a disservice to it somehow. I can't come up with a good way to go about having The Force in a MMORPG without breaking it down to a numbers game though.

I am probably looking at it too much from the movie side of it, as I haven't read many books or played Star Wars games much. I've seen the movies countless times though.

I've seen mostly very skilled, epic Jedi in action. The NPC Jedi if you will.

I'm looking forward to it very much. If Darkfall doesn't open its doors soon I might be seeing everyone there first.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:35 am

what many people forget is there were thousands of jedi, not just the council and the few heros you read about/saw in the movies. Those guys were not the average jedi but masters and very very few.

With everything being part of the force then it is easy to assume that everything can use the force to some degree. And after a time and exposure to force powers, a person might start to develop a force based resistance which is really nothing more than a subconsciece manifestation of the force. Atleast that is how I would handle it. Because like you said if every jedi was as badass as the movie, then only other jedi would be able to stop them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:42 am

at that point it would go back to the third movie when the empire turned on them and even with their numbers they got whiped out, or in attack of the clones just in the little rescue mission they lost jedi as well ... so they wouldnt be all powerful or else they shouldn't be playable imo ... god i feel like a nerd
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 12:55 pm

Aegir wrote:
god i feel like a nerd
you are
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:34 pm

I just want to point something out that krig said about lightsaber only able to block other lightsabers. That is not true. In the starwar universe there is a metal called Cortosis. Which they used to make armor and weapons that could block lightsabers.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 8:05 am

well it is nice to know i will be able to shove my cortosis plated boot up some jedi's ass
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:10 am

Definitely interesting about Cortosis, but how common is it? I would bet it isn't too common otherwise Jedi would use something other than lightsabers.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Krig wrote:
Definitely interesting about Cortosis, but how common is it? I would bet it isn't too common otherwise Jedi would use something other than lightsabers.
That is using logic the jedi dont have. otherwise they would use rifles which combined with their force powers would be even more powerful then melee range light sabres.
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:12 pm

If you ever played star wars knight of the old republic 1 & 2 for the xbox, must of what you fight that use a melee weapon other then a lightsaber, use Cortosis weapons. But there is one problem and that is that cortosis is very rare metal. Though with repeated strikes, a lightsaber could still cut through cortosis. Here a little more info on the metal: Cortosis

And to point out there are force user out there that use rifles and other ranged weapons with the force. You can even play one in the star wars role-playing(pen and paper role-playing). But the reason jedi dont use ranged weapons or other melee weapons is that the lightsaber is ceremonial to jedi not just for combat.Kind of like a samurai's sword. And for a jedi to build is first lightsaber was a right of passage to be coming a jedi knight.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 8:40 am

modx wrote:

And to point out there are force user out there that use rifles and other ranged weapons with the force. You can even play one in the star wars role-playing(pen and paper role-playing). But the reason jedi dont use ranged weapons or other melee weapons is that the lightsaber is ceremonial to jedi not just for combat.Kind of like a samurai's sword. And for a jedi to build is first lightsaber was a right of passage to be coming a jedi knight.

I never said force users dont use ranged weapons. I said jedi dont, you call it ceremony I call it fucking stupid. The samuri by the way used many different weapons.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 1:12 pm

btw
Quote :
"You will now tell me how it was you defeated my attack," C'baoth repeated.
A slight grimace, quickly suppressed, touched Thrawn's lips. "It's quite simple, actually." He looked up
at the ysalamir wrapped around his shoulders, reaching a finger over to gently stroke its long neck.
"These creatures you see on our backs are called ysalamiri. They're sessile tree-dwelling creatures from a
distant, third-rate planet, and they have an interesting and possibly unique ability—they push back the
Force."
C'baoth frowned. "What do you mean, push it back?"
"They push its presence out away from themselves," Thrawn explained. "Much the same way a bubble is
created by air pushing outward against water. A single ysalamir can occasionally create a bubble as large
as ten meters across; a whole group of them reinforcing one another can create much larger ones."

that is from the thrawn trilogy series heir to the empire. C'baoth is a master jedi(well not really jedi at this time since he is trying to blast people with force lighting) and these creatures are able to stop his powers easily. Of course i dont want to run around with a lizard hanging on my back all of the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter   First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter Empty

Back to top Go down

First playable character class revealed: Bounty Hunter
Page 1 of 1