þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

we need a game

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

we need a game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: we need a game   we need a game - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:49 pm

I made a lvl4 Paladin and so far I'm really liking it. I don't have a lot of heals (enough SP for 3 Minors and 2 Lay on Hands), but I hit like a truck and tank... like a tank (29 AC with a +1 Armor and +1 Shield!).

I also put points into Intimidate, and having a good Charisma score, I can Taunt pretty much every mobs to me when entering a room. It works better when I'm the first entering since if I enter last, sometimes the mobs that got hit or that are really engaged in a fight will not switch target, only the ones running around.

I feel like Paladin is more my style (compared to Cleric that is a whole lot less Combat oriented).
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: we need a game   we need a game - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:46 pm

I can see how pen and paper fans would like DDO, but I'm having a hard time getting into it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: we need a game   we need a game - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:02 am

Thrym wrote:
I can see how pen and paper fans would like DDO, but I'm having a hard time getting into it.

Yeah, I guess the system must not be helping, it's a pretty uncommon system for online gaming. They are working with a tabletop system that they modified to a certain degree to fit the online game.

Not knowing the lore, classes, builds, etc. can lead to being lost in all this D&D shizzle I suppose, but I feel like this is one of those games that offer an amazing PvE experience.

The thing is that you would need to give it a little time to learn it and play with us to level up to allow us to go do something more interesting that Waterworks.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: we need a game   we need a game - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:14 am

so far everything seems easier than i remember. I can solo waterworks with a lvl 4, when this game released that was impossiable. Also i have done most of these dungeons enough that they are still programed in my mind so i just blitz throught them. Once you reach higher levels and things get harder it is more of a table top experince and is more fun. But just like everything else it is not for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: we need a game   we need a game - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:22 am

I'm cool to play it every now an then, but to do the harder, cooler stuff don't you have to pay? I don't plan on paying, and would be surprised if you guys did.

It just seems to be slow paced, and at level 2 I'm just pressing left click to fight the whole time. Also, MMO PvE experiences I can't imagine being amazing. An amazing PvE experience to me was halo 1, Gears of War 2, and bioshock. May be a coincidence those games are all fps, may not. Fast paced, sense of urgency, high level of difficulty. I can see difficult, but I can't imagine a DDO dungeon comparing to those types of PvE experiences.

Sidenote: I accepted a position at johns Hopkins yesterday, so I'll be moving to Baltimore in august and begin there sept. 1. Eastern timezone should also make for more overlap in playing with you guys. Sorry I've been scant recently, but I got a new puppy...

Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: we need a game   we need a game - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:01 pm

you may want to experiment with the different classes, and maybe look into purchasing the veteran account upgrade.

which lets you make level 4 characters. Fighters are going to be mostly left clicks, most of your hotbars will be used for different weapons and shields. My high characters have 3-4 bars apeice for gear layouts. Most of them carry atleast 10-15 different weapons for different occasions.

The biggest problem with playing occasionaly is unless we only play occasionally as well you will fall farther and farther behind, eventually forcing us to create new characters or you to solo. New characters are easy when you are lvl 2 but if you get to 8 we cant just roll up a new guy to play with you.

and yes you will have to pay for the game at some point to if you want to experince the good content. I said this last time we talked about, and that is why it was shot down the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: we need a game   we need a game - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:33 pm

I assumed you two would not pay for PvE content. I'd say proceed as you will and don't hold up on account of me. I have little interest in this game after what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: we need a game   we need a game - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Thrym wrote:
I assumed you two would not pay for PvE content. I'd say proceed as you will and don't hold up on account of me. I have little interest in this game after what I've seen.

Well then would you be willing to try something else, like Crysis 2 or Homefront (not sure about the later...)?

I know Crysis 2 launched a playable multiplayer demo on PC and Xbox today (March 1st).

Otherwise, do you see any game out there that you feel would be a good game for us to try (except DCUO)?
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: we need a game   we need a game - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:22 pm

I'd try planetside, but I'm not interested really. I plan on playing DCUO until something else pops up; I'm still flabbergasted the likes of DDO and world of tanks wins out for you guys. Oh well, something will come along.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: we need a game   we need a game - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Yes, for me DDO wins over a broken, shallow and repetitive DCUO.

I got bored with DCUO pretty quickly and that's just the way it is. I guess we'll just sit back and wait for another title to grab our attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we need a game   we need a game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

we need a game
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2