þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World of Darkness MMO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

World of Darkness MMO Empty
PostSubject: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:30 pm

CCP the creators of EVE Online announced that they are working on a world of darkness MMO. For those that dont know World of Darkness is a modernday RPG were players play Vampires, Werewolves, Mages and all sorts of supernatural creatures. It is a great PnP RPG with some awesome lore, EVE has an amazing track record even if you dont perticularly like the game. This is a game to watch and be excited about. Very little information has been released yet but currently the only planned race for release is Vampire. However; the PnP game has several different types of vampires each with different looks, powers, ideaologies, and play styles.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Its great to see a great company like CCP taking on an interresting IP like WoD and the famous Vamps. Ill be looking forward to this game.

It reminds me of Bioware and Star Wars, but on a little bit smaller scale.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Very interested in WoD game, but I think Exalted would translate better to the MMORPG platform.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Krig wrote:
Very interested in WoD game, but I think Exalted would translate better to the MMORPG platform.
I never played exalted, but from what i have heard it had a tendancy to turn into a OP fest. The idea behind it is cool, and you are probably correct in it translating better.
My biggest concern with a WOD game based on the orginal Vampire: The Masqurad(sp?) is that it could easily have little to no combat. Vampire was a great game and played and GMed correctly was awesome but it was not your standard Dungeon crawl RPG. I doubt a game designer would take this route with an MMO, but it wouldnt be the first time a game company did something stupid.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:58 pm

A lot of the Vampire:The Masquerade stuff was too involved with trickery, deceit, backstabbing, etc to be translated correctly to an MMO, IMO. A Sabbat clan might work, but there is still a lot of intrigue that I just can't see working in an MMO setting. In a table top setting, with a good GM, it was fun, intelligent, and dark.

Exalted is an OP fest, for sure. Big swords and impossible maneuvers provide a setting where the ADD addled gamer can splooge all over his screen in ecstasy.

Werewolf:The Apocalypse might work as well. Dark setting, action oriented.

I dont think Vampire will translate well though, but willing to give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Krig wrote:
A lot of the Vampire:The Masquerade stuff was too involved with trickery, deceit, backstabbing, etc to be translated correctly to an MMO, IMO. A Sabbat clan might work, but there is still a lot of intrigue that I just can't see working in an MMO setting. In a table top setting, with a good GM, it was fun, intelligent, and dark.

Exalted is an OP fest, for sure. Big swords and impossible maneuvers provide a setting where the ADD addled gamer can splooge all over his screen in ecstasy.

Werewolf:The Apocalypse might work as well. Dark setting, action oriented.

I dont think Vampire will translate well though, but willing to give it a shot.

I am hopeful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO Empty

Back to top Go down

World of Darkness MMO
Page 1 of 1