þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Open World PvP and Server Choice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Open World PvP and Server Choice Empty
PostSubject: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 am

Open World PvP seems to be the only reason holding you from making your Arena toon on another server (well, for Wes that is, I don't know about you Joey). The thing is, I'm really not convinced you'll encounter that much more allies while questing in Azgalor than in Magtheridon. Just last night when I went to play with my bro a little, we ran into a group of high lvl allies raiding Arati Highlands and the town of Hammerfall. Some hordes came and fought them (I healed them the best I could!). Then, maybe 10-15mins later, we encoutered a 43+ warrior (we're 33) while killing mobs, so we jumped him and got the kill. We also saw a shammy, but while chasing her, we ran into the same warrior and he was not pleased with how Round 1 went. So we stopped and did it again in Round 2 (abusing his tiny gnome body). That's just to show that it's not that different questing in this other server.

After some reflection, almost every time I went to quest in a contested zone on Magtheridon, I encoutered Alliance players.

But I'm sure that's not the only reason you want to make your noobs on Azgalor. It's the server where you have all your other toons, where you'll be able to have gold gear more easily.

On the other hand, if you decide to make those Arena toons on Mag, you'll have support from lvl80 toons (my buddies) for your crafting, leveling, gear and money problems. You'll also have more people to play with in Arenas and while leveling.

Lastly, as I told you, Azgalor and Magtheridon are in the same Battlegroup, so for the Arenas, BGs and Dungeons, there's no change there.

So, what's your biggest concern regarding this propositionn or would you be willing to make the switch?
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:13 pm

honestly i have no problem starting my arena toon on that server as long as there is a way to give him my gold gear. Right now i am leveling my Dk so i can get the tokens to buy the gold gear for my arean toon to level with. If that gear can be transfered across severs i will switch if it cant well its another story. My plan for the arena team is

get tokens with my DK
buy gold gear with tokens for arena toon
create arena toon
equip gold gear
level solely on pvp games earning thousands of honor points in the process
hit level 80 on arena toon
use thousands of honor points earned while leveling to purchase pvp gear
start playing in arena games
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:23 pm

As of now, there is no way to transfer your gold gear on another server except by transfering your toon with the gear / tokens.

Also, I'm not really sure about that "level solely on pvp games" part, but that's your call.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:45 pm

The gold gear is definately the deal breaker, but I've personally considered other factors.

-when we started low level chars with you, for you, in order to not buy the expansions your buddies were no where to be found. I brought up them making noobs with us and you yourself said they wouldn't cause they have 80s. If we made noobs on that server WTF would I expect them to play with us? Fuck 80 support, the point would be to play cooperatively, not simultaneously. I also doubt they'd ever consider making chars on our server, and I have a tough time personally submitting to people unwilling to meet me in the middle.

-I still think server size matters. Will we run into people there? Sure. But common sense says for pvp you go where the people are. Why your buddies even started there probably means they're not looking for pvp in the first place. That's a big assumption, but still logical. If they were like "hey, with your buddies we could make a nice 5 man team!" that would rock, but they aren't saying that.

Kimi, I'd fuck around on that server just because you asked, but make the reason "Because I'm asking" not the other stuff you're saying. The other stuff doesn't make sense (to me). I'd say fuck the other reasons just cause you're a friend, but like i said: the gold gear is the deal breaker.

Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:36 am

Thrym wrote:
-I still think server size matters. Will we run into people there? Sure. But common sense says for pvp you go where the people are. Why your buddies even started there probably means they're not looking for pvp in the first place. That's a big assumption, but still logical. If they were like "hey, with your buddies we could make a nice 5 man team!" that would rock, but they aren't saying that.

Remind me to do a /player check on both server to get a concrete idea of the size difference.

As for the arena team, I haven't asked them yet, I'll do that tonight when I see them (that also means I won't be gaming).
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:36 pm

After talking with them a bit about WoW, they told me they pretty much planned on spending all their time on Arena and other PvP when they hit max lvl.

One of the 80s that played with us quit WoW, but another of my friend just got back in and started a toon on Mag.

They also were really interested when I mentioned I was trying to bring you over on Mag to make new arena toons. And since we're only about 5 (and maybe 6 if he resubs), two more would mean we would have more chance of having 5 person online to do 5v5 arenas, or any of the other types of arena for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:17 pm

I'm not trying to be a dick kimi I swear, but I'd be interested in someone totally conforming to my wants as well. There just isn't much compromise in us completely switching servers.

I'm down for whatever, so if you and Joe want this I'll keep my mouth shut and play ball. But right now all our game time is spent towards obtaining emblems for gold gear and getting to 80. Neither of those matter if we switch, so I don't want to continue spending my time that way if that's no longer the goal.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:58 pm

The thing is, there is no "meeting in the middle" when speaking of server switch. So as much as I'd like to please you if you switch, I cannot offer you gold gear. I can get you a full blue outfit for every level, but the gold is in the "No Can Do" column.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 1:36 am

hex! wrote:
The thing is, there is no "meeting in the middle" when speaking of server switch.

You're probably right.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Thrym wrote:
hex! wrote:
The thing is, there is no "meeting in the middle" when speaking of server switch.

You're probably right.

Is a possible 'meeting in the middle' asking them to change 'nous sommes de quebec' to HoU and registering on the forums? I mean, isn't that an upgrade as it is?
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:06 am

I wouldn't mind making a new guild with the HoU and ask them to register here.

I'm sure they're gonna keep the other guild too no matter what, just to keep the huge 4-tab guild bank with their alts. I don't really see a problem here!
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm pretty sure Joe accidentally screwed the pooch kimi...
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Is there a possibility for you to be a little more precise?
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:41 pm

I never intended to transfer my death knight. All of my characters are on the azgalor server and the death knight is how i intend to gear them. So i purchased the gear and sent it to my priest on my currently server intending to transfer him. However according to wes the gear will not transfer over with him.
If i cant transfer my priest and his boa gear i will not be changing servers.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:18 pm

I've read some thread on the forum and people are saying they actually transfered toons over with the gear in their bag or on them and it transfered with them normaly like the rest of the items they had.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:35 pm

hex! wrote:
I've read some thread on the forum and people are saying they actually transfered toons over with the gear in their bag or on them and it transfered with them normaly like the rest of the items they had.

thats what i assumed would happen but wes is saying the BOA gear will not transfer
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:10 pm

This may be part of his evil scheme to keep us all from playing together!
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:39 am

Thiazi wrote:
hex! wrote:

thats what i assumed would happen but wes is saying the BOA gear will not transfer

That's never what I said. I said that it's server specific, and was anxious you would run into problems. It may work, it may not, but the safer thing would have been to do the DK move that kimi and I were both talking about the ENTIRE TIME.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open World PvP and Server Choice   Open World PvP and Server Choice Empty

Back to top Go down

Open World PvP and Server Choice
Page 1 of 1