þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, how do you like CO?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

So, how do you like CO? Empty
PostSubject: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:34 am

I wanted to get your feedbacks on Champions Online, how do you like it so far?

I've played it when it first came out but quickly got borred with it. Do you see anything interresting there?

Edit : I'm currently downloading it to give it a second shot with you guys.

Last edited by hex! on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : AM addin' stuff FOOL!)
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:51 am

Somehow Joe whooped my ass 9/10 fights, so the pvp is obviously broken.

CO has hands down the best character creation I've seen in a game. Totally customizable and you look badass from the moment you start playing. After that, there didn't appear to be much else. PvE wasn't groundbreaking or anything, and I can't really comment on pvp or skill trees considering the trial tops out at lvl 6.

It seems to be either WoW or CO for next MMO to waste time on. I'll be done with wow in a month or so I'm sure, but most everyone has played/bought it before. CO will cost money to purchase, but at least there's the 'what if' factor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:12 am

I believe there are some Power sets that are a lot better then others in PvP, and that's what makes the difference in the end, and not your individual skill.

You can pick up a Power set that lets you juggle your opponent to death, or another that lets you chain-hold him, or another that does incredibly high DPS. And there are the others that sucks hard in PvP, but allows you to survive a lot longer in PvE.

So, am I subbing to CO for a month or no? Or buying the WoW expansions (80$ + the sub...)?
Back to top Go down
modx

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Solomon

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:22 am

I well put my vote in for wow. I would play wow over CO anytime.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:35 am

Here's a proposition then :

How about we start over in WoW from lvl1 until we get tired of it, then hopefully we'll be in September and Halo: Reach will come out and we'll have something else to turn to.

(That will allow me to save on the damn expansions that I just don't want to buy for a freaking month of play.)
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:48 am

I well make level 1 char. with you. But if I go back to playing wow I have two char. in the level 70 range that i well want to play with as well.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:20 pm

I like the proposition timeline wise, but lvl 1 in wow...ugh.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Well, I'm not going to buy the 2 expansions, transfer my toons and change race, just to play a month of 60-80 WoW lame grind.

I said lvl1 because we would all be in the same lvl range and we could start to do instances together and run some lowbie PvP matches in-between.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Right now CO has my vote over WoW.

I hate the idea of starting lvl 1 characters in wow when i have high level characters already, but it makes since. If we played CO this wouldnt be an issue since we would all be starting new anyway.

All games with classes and PVP are unblanced there will always be one class that is better than the next. The only way to eliminate that is force everyone to play the exact same build.

My only worry about CO is how active the PVP will be.

I will play either or however depending on whatever we all decide on.

I could waste a month just playing in the character creator.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
modx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Like my above post my vote is on wow but I well play whatever the guild decides to play.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:28 pm

the cost is about the same if you dont include the newest expansion for wow provided we all own it already.

Champions online is 19.99 from steam which includes a free month.

Wow is going to be 14.99 for the monthly free if we decided we need the expansion or someone has to buy it then the price goes up.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:01 pm

If you're ok with starting over in WoW, then I guess that I would vote for it.

If you don't want to start over in WoW, my vote's on CO.

But then again, I'm sure y'all figured what my vote was by now... Haha...
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Sounds like we're all ok with either and frankly either game will be better playing as a group. Seems Simon and Sean are more WoW and Joe and I more CO, So what do you guys think of making Oscar the deciding vote? He has any major emotions one way or the other we just roll with it?
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 pm

if he posted reguarly or i though he would be back in vent some time in the next week i would say thats fine.
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Sounds good. I am fine with both. Tried a little bit of CO before I went to work. It's not to bad.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:33 am

we decided on wow. we are rolling on the azgalor server horder side. I rolled a orc shaman
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 am

Sounds good. The only thing is I well not be able to play wow intel thursday when I have some money to re-sub. But I well be on tonight any ways.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 am

My good old account was stolen by some duche. I sent a mail to support to get it back. I hope they're gonna be quick about it...
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:56 am

You should make a video of your reaction to your account being stolen. I'll put it up on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:24 pm

i bet it went something like this...

far far away in the snow covered soccer fields of canada a phone call is made

tech support: Hello this is imprint your friendly neighborhood gnome and customer service agent. How can I help you today?

Kimi: "UUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some fucking asshole stole my account. MY ACCOUNT! Do you know who i am? I am THE DOOR, now return my account right now asshole.

Imprint: Ahh yes let me see. Your from canada eh? well it says here canadians are dosal pussy fucks and not to be intimdated by them. Hmm Well laporte I will put in a request to have your account restored you as soon as possiable, until such time please feel free to use our new trail character Skywing. Skywing will be featured in our upcoming expansion revenge of the duche water.

Kimi: LEAVE MY BLOOD ELF ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
hangs up the phone
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:56 pm

LOLWTFBBQ?

Well there you go, I don't have to explain it now, it has already been done to perfection!

F*ckin' Imprint.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:59 pm

hex! wrote:
LOLWTFBBQ?

Well there you go, I don't have to explain it now, it has already been done to perfection!

F*ckin' Imprint.
i like bbq
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:07 pm

I think I'm gonna have to start with a free trial until they reply with my account info, then start over and catch up with you.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:17 pm

I wanted to add a little thought :

That damn Peer-to-Peer WoW Installer is the definition of the expression "bandwidth chugging".
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:52 am

The game is done downloading and installing. I'll bring it back home tonight and install it. But as I told you, I won't be able to play with you guys today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, how do you like CO?   So, how do you like CO? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, how do you like CO?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
þrymheimr :: Games :: General-
Jump to: