þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Class Builds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Guardian:
BV Build for PvP and Tanking There are better builds for a straight tank or straight PvP but this is ok at both.

Barbarian:
Vics PvP barb

Bear Shaman:
Vics PvP Bear Shaman

Demonologist:
Vics PvP Demo

Herald of Xolti:
Haures Possession This is the base of my(joey) build. There are 4 points left. I use them for my charge I like the extra damage. Other good ideas for the extra feat points would be Quickened Iron, Unleashed Power, Tome of Erlik(not sure on this one never tested it), Finishing out the phenoix wings (I hate spending feat points on anything that is only useable every 5 minutes.)

Last edited by Thiazi on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Victorious

Victorious

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:38 am

My Barb

My Shammy

My Demo

PS joe, dont go with one build. Unfortunately you play a class that needs to switch builds depending on what your doing, i.e. PVE or PVP. Dont try to pick a build that does them both, you will be so-so with both wereas you could be dominate with 2 completly different builds for PVP or PVE. If you need gold, pick up crafting, selling food on trade is best way to rack up some $$$$ everyone needs food.

I didnt include my hox, havent really found that ubber spec I really like and love yet.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 am

Victorious wrote:

PS joe, dont go with one build. Unfortunately you play a class that needs to switch builds depending on what your doing, i.e. PVE or PVP. Dont try to pick a build that does them both, you will be so-so with both wereas you could be dominate with 2 completly different builds for PVP or PVE. If you need gold, pick up crafting, selling food on trade is best way to rack up some $$$$ everyone needs food.

I didnt include my hox, havent really found that ubber spec I really like and love yet.

Yes and no. With the posted build i do as well or better then any guard i have come up against so far in PvP. This build is inferior to a tempest/general build for holding aggro in PvP but survives having aggro better. However, If it was focused on one thing either PvP or PvE it could be much better. With this build i am capable of approx 550 dps not counting vengence or wrath counters for about 20 seconds every minute or so and a sustained DPS of about 500. I can reach between 55 and 60% mitigation that is with a couple t1 pieces and culture gear; mitigation caps at 65 and with full t1 i could hit that.

Btw are your posted builds PvP or PvE or does it matter?
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:44 am

If you could get the 5 points of CC resistence in the tempest tree I'd say that's the guard pvp build. If you survive well in raids with it then good bonus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Victorious

Victorious

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:01 am

The point im trying to make joe is this. There is a PVP build and a PVE build. Yes their are builds that combine them both, i.e. the one you posted, but if you want to excel at both, you need to have a stictly pvp and pve build. Thats the harsh reality of soldier classes. Your either tank spec or DPS spec. There is no in between, you can be mediocre on both, or dominate in both (depending on your spec).

Anyways i PM'ed a dude asking for his PVP and PVE spec. This is the Dude
He is the guild leader of the tyranny guild.
-pvp, look at his kd/r
-pve, US is if not the best raiding guild (N.A servers) they are second. They are currently on Keeper in T3 (only like 4 guilds N.A are at that point)

I point this out because I can not comment on the guard about what is good or bad to pick up, however being in vent and him explain the class to lowbie guard that made a kitan class, i picked up a few things. And also seeing how he plays in mini games. I know he changes his build for PVP and PVE and has two distinct builds.

Also all my builds on my toons are PVP builds, but can be used in PVE. Demo build will top the charts in DPS. Barb build will do decent in raids, but what makes this build shine is the fact that I have an ibis sword for the extra dps, Bersker is more pvp build do to CC's wheras rever would be more pve because of the burst dps. BS build is stickly PVP build, but only a few minor tweaks would make it a pve build, but not worth the 1g respec each time because its so minior
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:03 am

Thrym wrote:
If you could get the 5 points of CC resistence in the tempest tree I'd say that's the guard pvp build. If you survive well in raids with it then good bonus.

I agree, that would help pvp. But you are giving up alot of dps for 10% to resist ccs.
http://aoc.yg.com/feat-planner?class=20&tpl=200-05,213-03,201-05,253-05,220-05,205-02,216-01,217-05,214-03,206-01,223-11,4000-25,4001-25,4012-25,4015-21,4002-25,4013-21

That is the basis for a PvP build.
Now you have a few options spec into juggernaut/cc resist, juggernaut/frenzy, or frenzy/resist. I think they are all valid options, but personal i perfer juggernaut/frenzy because of the much higher dps. Also you have to take into account the passive cc resist and vindication from the AA trees now.

If i was going to get the resist I would build like this
http://aoc.yg.com/feat-planner?class=20&tpl=200-05,213-03,211-01,201-05,253-05,220-05,219-05,205-02,216-01,217-05,214-03,206-01,223-15,224-15,4000-25,4001-25,4012-25,4010-25,4015-21,4002-25,4013-21
that way i still have the stun from strike and guard. It stuns when you start the combo so there is no need to finish the combo. I normaly start it for the stun and then break the combo by switching back to pole arm anyway. But you are losing the 70% weapon damage, 300(?)protection, large armor boost from juggernaut.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:26 am

Victorious wrote:
There is a PVP build and a PVE build. Yes their are builds that combine them both, i.e. the one you posted, but if you want to excel at both, you need to have a stictly pvp and pve build. Thats the harsh reality of soldier classes. Your either tank spec or DPS spec. There is no in between, you can be mediocre on both, or dominate in both (depending on your spec).

Anyways i PM'ed a dude asking for his PVP and PVE spec. This is the Dude
He is the guild leader of the tyranny guild.
-pvp, look at his kd/r
-pve, US is if not the best raiding guild (N.A servers) they are second. They are currently on Keeper in T3 (only like 4 guilds N.A are at that point)

I point this out because I can not comment on the guard about what is good or bad to pick up, however being in vent and him explain the class to lowbie guard that made a kitan class, i picked up a few things. And also seeing how he plays in mini games. I know he changes his build for PVP and PVE and has two distinct builds.

I know the guard class. Maybe that guy will send you some kind of amazing build that blows my mind but i will bet he doesnt. KD means Jackshit and honestly noone has a KD like that who came by it honestly. You trying to tell me how to play the guard is like me trying to explain to someone how to play a BS. I dont know shit about the class. I know BS are strong, I know they can wreck me if played right but that is it.

What level is your guard? How much play time do you have on your guard? I am betting i win on both accounts.

What you dont seem to hear or understand is i am doing as well or better then PVP specced guards with that build. The PvP Guard build is BV that is it. It is all about BLOODY VENGENCE if you have that specced you are 90% of the way there. The rest relies on your group and the opposing team as well as your ability to stance dance and gear.

Also keep in mind while you are a very strong PvPer most of your pvp experince is with exo who we have wiped the fucking floor with multiple times. Every time you have pointed out a character to me and told me to take advice on how to play one of my classes from him I have ripped that player 3 new assholes and dressed him in a pink fucking skirt.

No i am not the best guard on the server.
No my build is not optimized for PvP or PvE.
Yes there is still things for me to learn about my Guard.

However;

Yes i am getting better with my build every day and it gets stronger every day as i relearn my combos and weapon swapps and stance dancing after switching from a temp/gen build last week.
Yes this build does as well as any other guard i have seen so far in PvP if i have good team backing me up.
Yes you telling me how to play this class is starting to piss me off
Yes i am waiting to see what you buddy sends you for a build because it may have something never before seen.
Yes i doubt the above.
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:45 am

i will say this, most of pvp comes from exo yes, but exo only had about 6-10 folk that were worth a damn in pvp. You mopping the floor doesnt surprise me. But with the a legit exo pre-made it would be a different story and you know it (yes i went there, you started it Smile~

Secondly, when I transfered my eyes were opened, the way they do things over there vs over here is crazy. I have seen the potential of a guard from over there, I have not seen that kinda of damage output by anyone here on cimmeria. All Im saying is as a guard your playing the best GROUP pvp melee class there is, point blank. Dont give me shit about its only groups, because the DEVS even said this game is balanced around group play not solo play in terms of pvp.

Only other person I pointed out to you was Azerr when you were playing your hox. And why not dude is solid and your hox was still and upcoming, stop taking it personal. You can only get better if you look at those who are better than you at the class. On my shammy you dont think I payed attention to Cuolin from Lif alot. Guys the best on the server as a BS, so i see what he does and incorporate it into my game. Same goes for my other class.

I will not argue with you about the guard class, you do know more, but when I mini and you only getting a few kills whereas im used to seing a guard rack up 20+ per mini, im just stating there is room for improvement with your build. And there is no need to get defensive. I switched up my demo build and now is getting 3x the amout of kills in a mini that I used to.
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:47 am

another tyranny guard

http://aoc.yg.com/profile?h=ZXC5je4m

They are both legit players, i.e. not farming toons like you want to accuse them of. They both only play the guardian class primarly. I will get you their builds and lets see how you fair, thats all im saying.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Victorious wrote:

All Im saying is as a guard your playing the best GROUP pvp melee class there is, point blank. Dont give me shit about its only groups, because the DEVS even said this game is balanced around group play not solo play in terms of pvp.
Guards are great group classes IF other opposing team is not caster base. A caster based team does not generate vengence or wrath counters which means my BV hits for about 500 every 30s. Not to mention other drawbacks that come from frenzy stance.

[/quote]
Victorious wrote:

Only other person I pointed out to you was Azerr when you were playing your hox. And why not dude is solid and your hox was still and upcoming, stop taking it personal. You can only get better if you look at those who are better than you at the class.
I have never even heard of Azerr the guy i am thinking of was lirail or something with an L.

Victorious wrote:

I will not argue with you about the guard class, you do know more, but when I mini and you only getting a few kills whereas im used to seing a guard rack up 20+ per mini, im just stating there is room for improvement with your build. And there is no need to get defensive. I switched up my demo build and now is getting 3x the amout of kills in a mini that I used to.
A guards kill count is heavily reliant on his team and the amount of melee on the other side. I have had several games with very high kill counts but for that to happen i need 1 a good team backing me up. and 2 a melee based opponet.

Guards do well on teams with other soldiers. Guard DPS (High kill count) comes from wrath counters. Wrath counters come from you team mates being damaged in melee combat. Spells do not generate wrath or vengence. If the other team is killing via magic a guard will not generate wrath and will have shitty DPS. If my team mates die from 1 hit from a sin i am not getting counters.

Most of the games we have been running as a group have either been shit pugs or a very pour make up. Most of our mini teams right now are heavy on soft classes which makes it hard for me to generate the counters i need to kill lots of people. Give me a team with another good guard and a good DT backed with 3 other decent classes and you will see much better performance.

Class Builds Giddeo11

maybe not 20+ kills but it was a pug and only person to kill more than me was the tos on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:35 pm

PVP build
Said good thing about this is you have stormstrike, when BV is not up. Gaarah has this build

PVP build, if your not good at stance dancing

Pure frenzy, less stance dancing. Spartaan Build

PVE
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Class Builds Inamor11

they had no healer, but it was 5v6
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:19 am

congrats your premade stomped the shit out of a very shitty pug.

anyone that offers up a pure frenzy build is a fucking idoit i am not even going to look at that.

The hybird build is as standard as it comes. You loose alot of survival, but have a higher sustained DPS however the BV/general survives better and has higher spike damage. You did not show me a superior build you showed me a screen shot of a premade stomping the shit out of some puggers.

looking at aocyg it gets even better the sides are no where even close, even if they were 1 person down.
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:43 am

just showing you the power of the guard. this is every mini game they put up these scores

you can live in denial and what not but seing how the guards roll on this server is way different than cimmeria. I gave u the tools, you ultimately have to use them. eventually i will roll a guard and put up these numbers.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:15 am

Victorious wrote:

you can live in denial and what not but seing how the guards roll on this server is way different than cimmeria. I gave u the tools, you ultimately have to use them. eventually i will roll a guard and put up these numbers.

you are a fucking idoit. I know what the guard is capable of. You showed me a Premade team mushroom stomping a shitty pug. BIG FUCKING DEAL. You offered me a spec that can be pulled from the forums YIPPEE FUCKING DO. You have given me nothing.

If/When i have the gear your screen shotted guard has and fight shitty pugs with a good group backing me up i will get 30 + kills as well. The sooner you realize i am not a fucking idoit and know the classes I play the sooner we are going to get alone. But as long as you keep assuming you know more about my fucking class then i do you are going to just keep pissing me off. Had your lover from the screen shot above been on the other team with shit players not comminucating i bet his score would have been alot different.

When i start playing a BS or bring up my demo i will ask you for advice because then you might actually know something i dont. until then take your rusty ass broken tools and go home.

There are guards on cimmeria using the hybird build there are gaurds on every server that use it. It is not some magical tryanny only sage like fucking build. What you dont seem to understand because you dont know the fucking class is that there are multiple builds that all do well. and like with any class the build does not = instant win. Gear Group and Player skill have alot to do with it.

Gear: Right now Giddeon has 3 pieces of t1 gloves/helm/ chest the rest is mostly culture and faction. full t1 would help full t2/pvp 5+ gear would be a big difference.

Group: Most of our games involve some pugs and even when they dont. Our group makeup is subpar and most our players lack mini game experince especially with each other. Not to mention are normaly against some form of premade.

Skill: I just switched to the BV/gen build a week ago and am still learning my key layouts and working things around so i am not missing abilities or hitting the wrong one by accident.

Can i improve on my guard? Yes
Is anything you are offering helping? Absolutely not
Is the Hybird build a vaild build? Yes
Is it the god build of 30 kills every minigame? No
Is this all a waste of my time? Yes
Am i dont with this discussion? Yes
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:51 am

Can you guys both review your points again so I can really understand what each is saying? I'm unsure what either of you think at this point. Maybe use PowerPoint or something.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:55 am

Haha!

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:45 pm

your such a nancy cupcake. Stop getting mad bro.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Get this: with the sword and shield from BRC quests my DPS is 10 points higher going sword and board over my blue pole-arm. Sickening.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:12 am

Thrym wrote:
Get this: with the sword and shield from BRC quests my DPS is 10 points higher going sword and board over my blue pole-arm. Sickening.
whats even more sickening is that your pole arm combos should still hit for more damage even if you never feat the.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:35 am

Thrym wrote:

Get this : I gained 32 DPS unbuffed with my new hammer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Empty

Back to top Go down

Class Builds
Page 1 of 1