þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
modx

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Solomon

Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video Empty
PostSubject: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:15 pm

This video shows off a lot of combat in the game. Can't wait to force lighting someone.

Click here for video.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 3:58 pm

Nice video, with some lofty goals. <3 Bounty hunter and melee force user.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:01 pm

Bounty hunter definately gets a boost in my book from that video. Felt like an advertisement for soldier classes, though.

Still excited about the game. I honestly think AoC players will eat people alive coming from a much more difficult combat system.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Randy

Randy

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:10 pm

what game is this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Just watched the video.

I can't say I saw something all that interesting. They are giving us some "cinematic" fighting, with people not moving, using their abilities to make the game look good.

I'm still awaiting a video where I see real people using all their personal skills against other players (circle strafing, kiting, using CCs in a useful way, ...). Until then, it's just the same old stuff they're throwing at us.
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:37 pm

All that stuff you see in the video is all real game footage and combat.
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:42 pm

modx wrote:

I believe Simon is talking about players that aren't of the dev team showcasing combat in a perfect world. If im correct he means players like us who will be running and bunny hopping around during pvp to get a kill, not just standing there doing pretty lightsaber flourishes without breaking line of sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Randy wrote:
modx wrote:

I believe Simon is talking about players that aren't of the dev team showcasing combat in a perfect world. If im correct he means players like us who will be running and bunny hopping around during pvp to get a kill, not just standing there doing pretty lightsaber flourishes without breaking line of sight.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:52 pm

I gotcha
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Randy wrote:
modx wrote:

maybe you have never seen sean pvp... it looks just like the videos
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Randy

Randy

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Thiazi wrote:
Randy wrote:
modx wrote:

maybe you have never seen sean pvp... it looks just like the videos

I could swear he was one of the commentators in that video..
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:06 am

I think he did really well last night
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:09 am

he did do really well last night.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:33 am

Easy, we weren't exactly going against a LiF premade ladies. But yes, the video does look like Sean pvping and yes, he did pick it up rather well last night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video   Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video Empty

Back to top Go down

Star-wars: The old republic Documentary #4- Combat video
Page 1 of 1