þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valley of the Skulls

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:19 am

One of the troopers, a young man with green eyes and short red hair answers,"Well sir, everything appears to be in order; really just a matter of waiting now."
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:37 am

After a few more brief conversations with your new compainions you quickly realize there is not much more to learn at this time. Your new gear is quicked divided amongst the two of you and you settle in for the rest of the trip.

The following day you wake to red flashing lights and the hustle of storm troopers hurring around arming them selves and forming into ranks. Captin Darent approaches you " The feuling station is compromised, We have made contact with what appears to be the soul survior a guardsman by the name of Constantine. He is holding up in the command room. From what we can tell a meteor crashed into one of the apartment clusters..." he takes a deep breath "it sounds like genestealers, vile Tyranid monsters. Normally I would recommend leaving Constantine to the emperors embrace and destorying the station, but we must retrive the fuel or we will be stranded. My men are ready and we can dock as soon as you give the command, but i warn you we must be careful this is a VERY DANGEROUS foe."

Genestealer
Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 Genest10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:28 pm

*Day 9 of the Genestealer Infestation*

Constantine saw the other ship arrive though he assumes they'll leave him for dead.

*Constantine looks at the limited supplies he has either had or been able to loot before the Infestation got to bad.*
*sigh* Looks like I'm pretty screwed at this point. Why did I have to be sent to help on an inquisitor mission without any backup...

Constantine Looks at a datapad to see what he has:
1 Lasgun with multiple charge packs
1 Stub Revolver with 2 Boxes of Ammo
1 Pump Action Shotgun with 1 Clip
5 Frag Grenades
5 Krak Grenades
1 Guard Flak Armour
2 Medkits

Constantine hears banging on the door and so he gathers his gear up and takes cover behind an overturned table........
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:50 am

Seum suits up in silence.

Damn. Fucking ranged...

He secures his flail and sword to his side and back, and readies his shotgun. Loading his hand cannon, the sound of the action makes the hair on his arms stand on end.

"Captain, if any of your men have reccolection of taking these fuckers down before I want them up front.
We need to cut two paths, one to Constantine, the other to the fuel stockade.
Bring up a layout of the station. If the two paths can be one, we can stay together and not risk loss of resources (Like stormtroopers). If not, I suggest we make our way to the closest of the two. If retrieving the fuel proves too costly then I will not think twice to leave Constantine in limbo with his maker. Should he be closest, I want your men to not take their crosshairs off him until we know whether to use him as a meat shield or a guide, or both."

Seum turns to Alaric and lowers his voice, "If the shit hits the fan and we have to split up, I want you to make sure we've secured the fuel canisters before worrying about this straggler inside. I know you're a good shot, but watch it when we near the stockade."
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 8:53 am

Alaric nod slightly, then says "Rescue missions go south quickly..." Then he sets his jaw and turns to his weapons.

Alaric dons his guard armor, adjusting the straps for proper fit.

Alaric examines his clips for proper feed, inserts them into the weapons, and pulls back the slide, then holstering each. He clips the extra clips to his upper right arm for easy access.

Alaric straps his throwing daggers to his left arm, then looks towards his long rifle.

Probably won't be a good chance to use you

He looks away towards the storm troopers. He turns back and grabs the long rifle and his rifle ammo, immediatelly feeling better having his old friend comfortably on his back.

There are many like it, but this one is mine
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:17 am

A trooper runs up to Darent, snapping to attention in full battle gear. With a Quick salute Darent, takes the offered data slate examining the info. "Here is what the ships computers ahave on file about Genestealers" He says handing you the datafile.

Data File: Genestealer
Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 Gene10
"I think your plan is a good one sir, the pilots will drop us and pull out and await our call for pick up. They cant chance waiting for us in dock, nor can we take the chance of one of them sneaking on board. Noee of my men have faced genestealers before, but we all now the tales of those who have. Now if you have no further need or questions, I must prepare my men and their souls" He turns and moves over to his awaiting troops, and begings to lead them in prayer giving their souls to the emperor.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:36 am

Debris from the landing bay bounced off the hull as the Gunship approached. The moment it cleared the protective fields the landing ramp was lowered the first trooper leaping out even before the ship had touched down. Darent snapping orders his troops quickly formed a protective barrier around the assulat ramp. Seum and Alaric disembarked surveying the room. With a hiss the ramp began closing as soon as the they finished disembarking, the gunship leaving them to their fate as it exited to station.

The room was dark lit only by sparse emergency lighting and the occasional spark as a live wire brushed against something metal. An uneasy silence draped its self around the group as they awaited their orders. "Darent, I want a flamer leading point and one bringing up the rear, the rest of you take up flanking postions" Seum orderd.

The soliders quickly complied and began moving towards the first set of doors, it was no surpise when they would not open electronicly, pulling the manual release the doors parted enough to push open. Still nothing the signs were undeniable, but were were the genestealers? moving out into the outter most ring of the station, make shift barriers cluttered the hallway bullscars and long gashes coverd the walls and doors, the smell of blood hung heavy in the air, but no bodies were to be seen anywhere.

"lets no delay, Constantine may have more information that can help us; open that door soldier" Alaric ordered as the flamers took up flanking positions.

More barricades and evidance of fighting was in the next hall way " I hear something... above us I think be on your guard" Alaric whispers as he readies his weapon.

Moving the command centers doors Seum hoping to get Constantine's attention, after a few moments a answering knock is heard " Who's out there?" Constantine ask.

As Seum beings to answer in anger the first of the Genestealers leapes from the above tearing into the first flamers abodmen, blood splatters the walls as he desprately attempts to hold his insides in. Lighting fast the genestealer moves to the next guard removing his left leg directly below his kneecap. Seum enraged by the attack leaps forward thru the onslaught of las fire shotgun misfiring. The troopers score several hits to the genestealer, forcing it back it flees into the shadows before a suitable defense and pursuit can be organized.

Moments after the first attack Constantine opens the door, panting he urges everyone inside. Darent imediately sees to the care of his men amazingly they are still alive for the time being. baring the door Constantine turns to find Seum's shotgun leveled at his nose "What took so long! You left us out there while two of our companions were slaughterd!"

Throwing himself back against the wall Constantine "I am sorry! I hhhad to move ththe stuffff from the ddddoor! O MY GOD DONT KILL ME!" he studders out.

With a glare "Search him alaric make sure he is not carrying anything susipious" Seum commands as he inspects Constantine papers.

after the search Constantine relates his story of the past week and the party decides to move out leaving one of the wounded troopers here, his flamer is passed on to another solider. "we will be back for you if we can" with that darent leaves the man to his fate.

It is a long silent trek to the garage bay where they hope to acquire a gavslede to move the fuel canisters. Upon entering the room Alaric immiedately notices movment in the back near some storage crates. Moving along the right wall sights training on the area the troopers move forward lead by Suem, Alaric and Darent.
A Genestealer leaps out from hiding seeing its prey move toward it long sycthe like blades replace it's normal claws, remembering the last fight 4 guards turn tail a run Constantine right behind them. Another guards men falls to the ground screaming in terror tring to fight off an imaginary enemy, while a 6th trooper vomits uncontrollably in the corner. Seum stands in shock the first round as Alaric and the remaining strom troopers fire the las shots bounce harmlessly off the genestealers rock hard carapace, but Alarics handcannon deftly removes of the creatures left arms. Seum recovers from his initial shock again throwing caution to the wind and charging the creature with his shotgun blasting harmlessly. A quick slash of one blade cleanly catches on Seums leg armor flinging him acrossing the room into the hull knocking him unconsious. The remaining gaurdsmen open fire shots glancing off the creatues natural armor. with a leap it lashes into darent a flurry of strikes showering the nearby troopers and alric in his blood, again the troopers fire this time scorin
g a few hits the creatures staggers, but quickly regains composure and leaps fro alaric with amazing reflexes alaric deftly dodges its strike and moves away from its reach, a few of the guards men return to the fire guns blazing spurred on by darents death it seems, the creature is quickly overwhelmed by the added gun fire.

gathering everyone together again Seum quickly ransacks Darent's corpse claiming his armor while tosing the sabre to alaric. Quick inspection of the sledges shows that only one is in working condition, loading up into the slede the group makes their way to the fuel storage area. As they are entereing the entrance tunnel alaric slings his rifle takes quick aim and fires altereing the rest of the group the presence of 2 more genesteals who are now charging towards the group the combine las fire scores several hits slowing the genesteals assualt as they entere the flamers range gouts of flame roar out filling the hallway reducing one to a pile of goo. The last genestealer leaps on to the front of the slede slashing wildly at alaric, again he dodges with grace, seum fires off a finishing blow with his shotgun removing the chest of the genestealer.

Quickly the team moves into the fuel room loading the first of the canisters and beings transporting it back to the docking bay, two trips are made with no interuptions. "We need to return to the command room and pick up our wounded as well as signal the ship" Seum decides, "lets go."

With haste the team moves back to the command center the orginal doors are now gone something having recently removed them, the stormtrooper is missing as well. "It can't be helped, signal the ship for pick up" alaric moves over calling the ship in.

Again the teams runs through the hallways his time closing the tunnel doors behind them as they await the ship to land. 2 flamers are stationed at the south tunnel doors watching the tunnel and north set of doors, as 2 mansized blades beging tearing thru the north doors, the remaining troops form rank and beging firing everything they can down the hall way. Seum and alaric hurry to load the canisters as the troops attempt to hold the newest threat at bay. As the last of the canisteres are loaded a Lictor rips thru the last set of doors, smoke rising from the still burning flamer fuel covering its carpace two troopers impaled on each of its blade like appendages. Seeing the threat the gunship pilots beging firing all weapons cutting down troopers and lictor alike. As soon as the remaining surviors are on board the pilots take off. Once they reach a safe distance the station is reduced to simple space junk buy a volley of hellfire missles and battle cannon shots.

Surivors:
Seum
Alaric
Constantine
1 legged trooper (out of commission will leave once you reach the planet)
4 stormtroopers including 1 flamer
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:37 am

Seum quickly holsters his shotgun and pushes past Constantine to check on what's left of the squadron. Getting the thumbs up from 4 troopers, he grabs Alaric and Jim to tend to the not so fortunate.

"Let's see what we got here." He kneels down to the wounded leg of the trooper.

No sign of infestation, only the leg from the shin dow...

"Aw, fuck."

Seum's head jerks back in unison with Alaric and Jim when removing the emergency gauze from the trooper's leg. A morbid stench from the sinews of the leg had already set in, no doubt the result of the genestealer's own essence. Constantine looks ready to vomit but his empty stomach had already chucked the last of his MRE's during the battle, leaving only a violent dry-heaving.

Seum leans into Alaric, "Get the sabre."

Turning to the wounded trooper, "Alright trooper, we gotta inch back this wound now or you're gonna end up a god damn mate."

The trooper swallows once, but maintains his composure, "Yes sir. Will I be able to fight again?"

Seum grins, "Fuckin-A right you will. Bite down." Seum takes a rubber strip from his uniform about 4 inches long and gives it to the trooper whom quickly bites down in earnest. Seum drags the trooper near the flame-thrower, then braces the man's right arm to the floor. Jim mimics the same for his left. Alaric positions his knee on the troopers in-tact leg and readies the sabre just above the trooper's rotten shin, and below the kneecap.

Seum and Jim tighten their grips and give a nod. Alaric mouths '1, 2, 3,' and swiftly mashes the sabre cleanly through to the bone.

The most gutteral of screams makes it way past the rubber chaw and fills the hull of the ship. The other troopers remain silent.

Alaric quickly uses the butt of his new pistol to hammer the sabre through the bone and past the remaining flesh. The three men move the stub quickly to the torch lit end of the flame-thrower to cauterize the wound.

A second scream.

The three men continue to brace the remaining limbs until his breathing regulates and his body becomes pacified and accustomed to the pain. Seum nods to Alaric who then quickly wraps up the stub in a suitable field dressing. Seum pats Jim lightly on the shoulder as he stands to walk towards Constantine somberly.

He stops adjacent to Constantine (facing the trooper) while pausing to whipe the blood from his hands (facing the pilots), "This is the result of hesitation." He then continues towards the pilots.

"Has the ship been compromised?"
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:19 am

Turning controls over to one of the piloting servitors, a middle aged man swivles around to face you. "No, the ship is fine. However; You Could Have Warned Us About The Lictor, that blasted creature could have killed all of us. Anyways; we will arrive in a few days, you and your boys back there will have a good story to tell atleast."
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:59 am

Alaric addresses the survivors "Good job men, we made it alive and the Xenos took some heavy losses."

He turns to Jim "Congratulations Captain." Alaric offers Jim the hellfire pistol and sabre. "You may retain your lasgun if you like, but these are the weapons of a Captain."
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:59 am

Inspecting the weapons Jim nods "Thank you Alaric, I do not know if i will be allowed to retain my command once this mission is over, but I appricate the guesture. These weapons are more symbolic then anything, and with a little help from the emperor hopefully I can live up to Darents example. Unfortunately, I know have to file some reports to be sent back with the ship letting Jermaine know of our loses and the station's situtation, and sure they will one to investigate, where those bugs came from initially. You and Suem proved yourselves as leaders back there and me and the rest of the men are glad to be accompaining you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:22 pm

*A little while later after Constantine gets a grip after being taken by surprise of the Genestealer attack*

Constantine Goes towards the pilots Seum however blocks the doorway not letting him see them.

*To Seum* "You will move NOW or I WILL forcibly remove you....You have already pointed a shotgun at me and if you do it again I WILL make you suffer. Are we clear? Now Move"
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:20 pm

"Figures we wouldn't hear a peep out of you until you were ready to threaten a man on the brink of death."

The proximity to Constantine causes Seum's nose to crinkle back in disgust.

"The pilot's might appreciate you cleaning the piss and shit from your pants before you enter their cockpit."

The chuckling of the other troopers gives rise to a bellowing chuckle from Seum himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:00 am

Thrym wrote:
"Figures we wouldn't hear a peep out of you until you were ready to threaten a man on the brink of death."

The proximity to Constantine causes Seum's nose to crinkle back in disgust.

"The pilot's might appreciate you cleaning the piss and shit from your pants before you enter their cockpit."

The chuckling of the other troopers gives rise to a bellowing chuckle from Seum himself.

"SILENCE!" A roar so loud that all the troopers go look on in amusement. "And you" *points at Seum* "you would be wise to not cross me."

"Pilot, How long till we reach Ciraxia VII?"
*Pilot* "Approximately 2 days sir"
"Thank You."

*Goes to read the datapad the Inquisitor gave him and concludes that the others may be a problem that might have to be dealt with*

OOC: Sorry about using Seum I forgot he was the one that was injured badly *facepalm* Also Thiazi anyway to raise my willpower?
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:11 am

He must have lost his mind on that ship

"Show proper respect for a fellow acolyte, or face the consequences."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:32 am

"Silence....Alaric"
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:04 pm

Alaric addresses the able-bodied storm troopers.

"Men, you have performed peerlessly thus far, but the safety of the ship and crew require that you perform your duty once again."

Alaric looks upon Constantine, sadness in his eyes, but hope as well.

"The horrors of the genestealers have damaged Constantine profoundly. There is no wound to bandage nor limb to replace now. We must secure an Aegis seal to secure his soul and his mind."

"Take him to the brig."

Alaric makes the sign of the Emperor, whispers to himself "Grant me strength from enemies without and within."
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:45 pm

Seum gives a nod to the troopers.

"Leave him a change of clothes and confiscate the rest."
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Moving in unision the remaining storm troopers approach Constatine guns ready.
"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" Constatine screams in prayer to chaos god Korne as his skin melts away revieling a hideously deformed skull. Time stands still as he transforms from the inquistorial agent into a skeletal monster. Blood flows freely from empty eye sockets intricate patterns spiral in chaotic patterns across his frame. Two of the storm troopers fall dead at his feet, exsaguinated before they reach the floor their blood pooling around Constatine's feet. "Foolish men now you will know the power of Korne, of Chaos" he reaches down ripping the spines from the fallen troopers forming thim with his will into one gigantic sword.

In a sudden Flash Constatine leaps, you can move again.. Alaric leaps backward guns blazing every shot dead on avoiding constatine's intital attack. A silent prayer escapes seums lips as he follows constatin's leap, drawing his blade mid leap and landing a devastating hit to Constatine's Right shoulder. With unhuman strenght Constatine connects with a back hand sending Suem sailing across the room to slump in a corner. More shots ring out as alaric empties hes hand guns dropping them to the floor. Two storm troopers rapidly fire as Jim blindsides Constatine "FOR THE EMPEROR" Jim shouts a slight glow surrounding him, driving constatine into the near by airlock. "Thank you Alaric mouths as he presses the release button, the saftey door slamming shut as the vaccum of space pulls Jim and Constatine out into emptiness of space.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:01 pm

"PUT A BOLT IN THE BLASPHEMER!" Alaric yells to the pilot.

I could sense the corruption...but it was too late for him anyway Alaric laments to himself.

"Tend to Seum and your wounded, men. I was proud to stand with you today against the enemies of the Emperor." Alaric claps the nearest stormtrooper on the shoulder in a show of camraderie.

Once the wounded are taken care of, we must recover Captain Jim and give him full honors.

Alaric moves towards Seum to see the extent of his injuries.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:46 pm

The Thunderhawk pilot obeys with out question, deftly manuvering the craft about and unleashing a firestorm of shots on the corpse of the demons destoring both it and Jim.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Seum manages to sit up against a tankard using the elbow of his working arm.

"I didn't realize those monsters were such pussies before unleashing. Should make em easy to spot from hear on out."

He apparently entertained himself at the very least as a chuckle is abruptly halted by his choking on blood. A sailor's hawking makes for a momentary release as he spits crimson on the floor. His eye catches his sword a few feet away. He strains to reach for it and coughs up a bit more before clasping the blade and pulling it up on his lap. He promptly passes out with a gargling whisper: "Whiskey..."
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:51 am

Two days later you dock at Cerixa.

Jermaine is waiting at the bottom of the assault ramp as you exit. Another squadron of storm troopers promptly assist your remaining troopers and escorts them away.

"The pilots informed me of your situtation as soon as they were in range. Walk with me" he turns and walks away.

"It is a shame so many of your men were lost just traveling here, but it could not be helped and the Emperor's work as been done. The remaining troops will be giving medical attention and reassigned when ready. Constatine was dangerous foe and a good test. For months he has been moving thru the system possing as an inquistorial agent, I am thankful for your service. You will find a small bonus on your pay checks this month, I have other buisness to attend to now." He stops outside a large ornate door flanked by large stone gargolyes.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:29 pm

"Thank you, Inquisitor."

Alaric turns to Seum. "We need a guide to assist us in the lower hives." Alaric scans the area for exits, clusters of people, shops, and anything else of note.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:18 pm

"Inquisitor, do you have any agents in the city who could assist us."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valley of the Skulls   Valley of the Skulls - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Valley of the Skulls
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next