þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AOC Guild

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyTue May 26, 2009 12:42 pm

We need to make a guild decision on AOC. Do we want to form a offical guild chapter in AOC, or join an already established guild.
I recieved 2 offers this weekend
damage and orchestra of the forsaken
Thrym is currently running with SnowHawk Clan i believe
and Vic has an in with Exphagy(sp?)

here are my views

prymheimr guild...
AOC could be a great recruitment tool for our guild.
We do not have to deal with the standard guild intitation.
We are not bound my another guilds alliences and allies and rep.
We already have a tier 2 city available but would need alot of work to increase it.

If we join another guild...
raids, we currently do not have enough memebers to form a raid.
battlekeep, battlekeeps provide buffs, we dont have them or the resources to take one.
numbers, AOC PVP comes down to numbers, whoever has the most wins.

Anyone who is playing or plans to play aoc with us needs to speak up.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyTue May 26, 2009 5:32 pm

i say we form our own and build up it'll be a long time before we get into big raids and things but at the same time in the long run it'll be more beneficial to us specifically
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:43 am

I agree with you ageir. Joining a large established guild would be a better short term choice, but i think if you look at the big picture and long term goals we would be better served starting our own guild. However, if we dont actively recruit and stay active in ventrilo and the forums both ours and AOCs those long term goals will not be reached.
The general lack of response to this post however does not bode well for the above.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:24 pm

i think that is one more reason why we need the recruitment as much as possible i think the guild is down to the three of us plus Vic, Sean, and Krig. I'm not sure Calligan or Ghanger are still with us at all (only other 2 members on the memberlist). As nice as T3 buffs would be to have we need to use AoC as a recruiting tool, and its a good one simply because the amount of pvp in it is going to force people to be the type of people we want or they will hate the game anyways and would have quit by now. And since were already starting w/ a T2 city is a nice boon as well that skips ALOT of resource gathering so while we won't have the immediate gratification of it being finished we're alot closer then if we were starting fresh anyways.
Back to top Go down
modx

Number of posts : 357

Character sheet
Character Name: Solomon

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:28 pm

I agree, we should make are own guild in AOC. That way we are in control of the guild. and if we are going to start recruiting people to þrymheimr, Being in a big guild that as been around while well make that a bit hard to do, since most of them well be loyal to that guild.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:19 pm

Either we're making a guild or we're not. We have a website, forums, bitching, and a T2 city; only thing left is having one in a game.

I say the level 20 characters roll under 'House of Uproar.' The level 80 characters need to stick with raiding guilds for the meantime to get themselves gear. A group of 6 running around in blue gear is a waste of space. Plus, Vic wants to raid, and I doubt he's going to leave exophagy no matter how much the GL steals from him.

When the little ones are to 80, hopefully we'll be able to field 12 people for siege's as mercs. Makes 2-3 gold per. We still won't have T3 buffs and will be shit in minis, but hey, that comes with the decision.

If we go with making our own then I think we need to make a new policy on PvP for AoC. I don't want it for other games, but I think we should go murderherd style and kill everyone all the time regardless. The reasoning behind that is: we're already targets. You're already going to get killed regardless, so why not kill regardless? Leveling through the game hoping to be left alone with our 6 members is not gonna happen.

Recruitment will be the biggest deal, but it's almost laughable to try without more than the 5 of us. I think in-game only recruitment until we've got about 10 solid members. My schedule is too busy to keep up with forum recruitment right now, and even though Thiazi has time during the day, I think someone else needs to do it.

If not, we all need to join the same guild and try to cherry pick from within. Exophagy has a consistently bad reputation from the groups I've been with, and only won their last siege due to help from snowhawk and I think it was SotBS. That may not be saying too much, as everyone has to hire help for sieges, but snowhawk has a consistently good reputation for PvP. If the decision is to join an existing guild I say we poll it, man-up, and agree to go with the one that has the most votes. As it stands, Vic and I are the only ones with 80s in guilds atm. I'm willing to agree to those terms if he is, knowing that there's already one vote for exo and one for snowhawk.

*I don't know what kind of response you were looking for in this thread other than the 5 of us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Victorious

Victorious

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2009-04-20

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:23 pm

my thinking is this...

If we start recruiting in AOC, we will have to basically start from the bottom up. All the dedicated players are pretty much guilded. We would not have anything to offer an unguiled lvl 80 toon. Right now, AOC is about raiding, pvp/sieges. Everyone is fighting for a BK right now for bonuses into PVP which are huge now, and will be even bigger in 1.05 patch

I guess it will boil down to what people want to do in AOC. pvp, raid, or seige.

My personal opionion would be to join a larger established guild in AOC. Recruit for SW in the official SW forums. This will generate more traffic to this kick ass website, and then maybe, just maybe. Some of those SW recruits may come to AOC. If that happens, then we could possible look to breaking off and reviving prymheimr in AOC. I personally dont want to lose the BK buffs nore stop getting purple loots to deck out my toons. I just think it will take a huge amount of effort for us to become an established guild, but I hope Im wrong. I do atleast want to stay in Exophagy till I get all my purple lootz.
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:31 pm

WES FYI, exophagy and its many memebers are know as on of the top raiding guilds. I will say they are not known for their pvp. But like everyone else, they hire help.

Also the GL took my purple but I told him it was ok. I did give him my account because I had zero entention of coming back. But he did give me a whole set of culture set + 250 gold. Not even but, Ill take it, especially when I can loot my gear later in life.

I do like your whole murderheard style, im all for that. We can work on our lower toons and bring them up and recruit lowbies, with that type of culture to it. However they tend to die out like that one guild did, cant remember its name that focused so hard on being asshats that they never did any endgame. Once lvl 80 its all about end game. Thats what keeps us from quiting the game.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Victorious wrote:
WES FYI, exophagy and its many memebers are know as on of the top raiding guilds.

I hope we're never known as one of the top raiding guilds. Just sayin.

But, like I said, if everyone else votes for Exophagy I'd concede.
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:00 pm

we dont have to be in the same AOC guild. It would be helpful. I personally do not like Entaro thats the only reason I wouldnt go to SHC and they really dont raid. AOC is purple based game + BK bonus.
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:09 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have taking up the initiative and posted on the star wars: The old republic forums to recruit people there. I well keep posting there to keep the post cycling in the fourms.
Back to top Go down

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:13 pm

i think if were going to try and viral recruit through other guilds it would be worth while to have people in multiple guilds to pull from different places if we can get people from SHC and exphogy or whatever it is then theres that many more for us and in the meantime leveling lowbies up w/ House of Uproar tag we can get people along the way but we defenitly need to take advantage of having the T2 city there rather then just ignoring it imo
Back to top Go down

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:13 pm

modx wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have taking up the initiative and posted on the star wars: The old republic forums to recruit people there. I well keep posting there to keep the post cycling in the fourms.

good deal sean
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:28 pm

modx wrote:

Unexpected, but if you're going to do so, make sure you're sending private messages to individuals interested. Use the info on the home page for a set up. I think thiazi made an image you should imbed in the recruitment posts too.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:34 pm

Aegir wrote:
i think if were going to try and viral recruit through other guilds it would be worth while to have people in multiple guilds to pull from different places if we can get people from SHC and exphogy or whatever it is then theres that many more for us and in the meantime leveling lowbies up w/ House of Uproar tag we can get people along the way but we defenitly need to take advantage of having the T2 city there rather then just ignoring it imo

I think that hurts actually. People would break off and join because they are relating to a group of guys they get along with more so than the average member. If it's just vic or just me, the appeal is diminished and you're talking hitler level of charisma to do so.
Back to top Go down

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Thrym wrote:
I think that hurts actually. People would break off and join because they are relating to a group of guys they get along with more so than the average member. If it's just vic or just me, the appeal is diminished and you're talking hitler level of charisma to do so.

Thats why while you have people in both groups you still group interchangably(sp?) amongst one another and with our people so they know its not just one person its a number of us that are just spread out for the time being
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:59 pm

lets have vent meeting tonight
Back to top Go down

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:01 pm

agreed what time works for everyone?
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:16 pm

9pm EST. Sorry Joe, your gonna have to let the wife know your gonna miss the rerun of Will and Grace tonight Smile.
Back to top Go down

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:19 pm

alrighty ill make sure im back by then going to cocoa though ill talk to you all then
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:39 pm

What's to discuss? pole it and be done

Yes/No to making a guild

if no, which one?
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 4:08 pm

pros and cons of each. Its not as black and white as you make it seems. Big decision.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Victorious wrote:
pros and cons of each. Its not as black and white as you make it seems. Big decision.

I don't think it's black and white, which is why we're on page 2 and I've posted my thoughts. Still comes down to a poll.
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 4:27 pm

i still think its easier to get 5 peoples opinions on vent than to poll for 5 people without knowing reasons.
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild EmptyWed May 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Well just incase if you do a meeting in vent i well not be able to make it to night, I have to work intell 11:00pm to night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AOC Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC Guild   AOC Guild Empty

Back to top Go down

AOC Guild
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next