þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  Empty
PostSubject: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Wes wanted to set this up but since i have some spare time and he has not, i am going to steal his ideal. Everyone is welcome to post and keep track of their progress here. I propose the format below w/ weekly updates. I also think it will be better to edit our orginal post instead of making new post each week that way everything is easier to track.

Anything else that should be added or tracked?

Date:
Wieght:
Wieght gain/loss:
M: Time/Type
T: Time/Type
W: Time/Type
R: Time/Type
F: Time/Type
S: Time/Type
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Date:1-22-11
Wieght: 265
Wieght gain/loss: unknown (net = -50)
M: Time/Type
T: 1h/mixed weights and cardio
W: Time/Type
R: Time/Type
F: Time/Type
S: 1h15m mixed weights and cardio

These are my balls. Find yours - you'll need them for warrior dash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:40 am

For the Winter season (will change when Spring and Summer come).

S:
M: 1h Badminton (to be confirmed)
T: 45min training (weights and other exercises)
W: 1h30 Soccer
R: 45min training
F:
S: 45min training

So far that's what I'm going to do, starting this week, I'll update if anything changes!
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:45 am

Badminton? I didn't know u were an exchange student from India? We'll have to set up a net at our warrior dash tailgate.

Love you Simon, for really.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:41 pm

I haven't played Badminton for quite some time now (8 years?) and was invited to play with some friends of mine. I have no idea of the skill level but I expect it will provide a good hour of cardio activity.

And I'm not Indian, I'm Chinese!

G0t R1ce B1tch!?
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  A040816_P09_16G24_V
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:59 pm

So Joey, have you started something yet? I don't see your weekly exercises anywhere! What happened!?
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:47 pm

He's hiding behind the excuse of "I'm waiting to buy ________" and then he'll start. He could increase the number of times he gets up and out of his computer chair by 1 each day and probably start losing...
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:15 am

Thrym wrote:
He's hiding behind the excuse of "I'm waiting to buy ________" and then he'll start. He could increase the number of times he gets up and out of his computer chair by 1 each day and probably start losing...

this
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:47 am

Date: 3/25
Wieght: 244
Wieght gain/loss:NA
Frid-Wed. P90X Mixed with Stationary Bike
Thrus: Offday

Date: 4/1
Wieght: 239
Wieght gain/loss: -5
Frid-Wed. P90X Mixed with Stationary Bike

Date: 4/8
Wieght: 238.0
Wieght gain/loss: -1
Frid-Wed. Blowflex/stationary bike.

Date: 4/15
Wieght: 236.0
Wieght gain/loss: -2
Sat-Wed. p90x/stationary bike.
Thrus&Friday: Offday

Date: 4/22
Wieght: 232.2
Wieght gain/loss: -3.8

Date: 4/29
Wieght: 230.8
Wieght gain/loss: -1.4

Date: 5/06
Wieght: 229.4
Wieght gain/loss: -1.4

Date: 5/13
Wieght: 228.2
Wieght gain/loss: -1.2

Date: 5/20
Wieght: 227.2
Wieght gain/loss: -1.0
Sat-Wed. Insanity/weights

Date: 6/03
Wieght: 224.8
Wieght gain/loss: -2.4

Date: 6/10 (this was a ruff week alot of family stress and just bad eating habits.)
Wieght: 224.6
Wieght gain/loss: -.2

Date: 6/17 (
Wieght: 221.4
Wieght gain/loss: -3.2

Last edited by Thiazi on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:22 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:03 am

My stationary bike takes me to my dreams.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:42 am

Thrym wrote:
My stationary bike takes me to my dreams.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:43 am

So, not training for the warrior dash, but I will post what I am doing

Date: 5/6/2011
Wieght: 230
Wieght gain/loss: -65 lbs total (Was close to 300 lbs)

Week 1:

M: A routine
T: Off
W: B routine
R: Off
F: A routine
S: Off

Week 2:

M: B routine
T: Off
W: A routine
R: Off
F: B routine

A Routine:

5x5 Front Squats
5x5 Single Arm Dumbbell bench press
5x5 Single Arm Dumbbell bent over rows

B Routine:

5x5 Front Squats
5x5 Single Arm Dumbbell Snatch
1x5 Deficit Deadlifts(until I can afford 2 45 lb plates)

Each exercise starts at 45 lbs(empty olympic bar) except deadlift, which started at 90 lbs. Each exercise goes up by 5 lbs each workout except deadlift, which increases by 10 lbs each B routine. once you max out, deload by about 30% and start over.

I do front squats because I don't own a squat rack proper - I just put my bench to its highest level and take the bar off that way. Because I use the bench to hold my squat bar, I do dumbbell presses, which are better than regular bench press initially anyway. My plan is once the dumbbell presses become too difficult, switch to regular barbell presses. I only have 2 solid barbell bars, which I am using for deadlift and squat right now, so I have to use dumbbell bars for other lifts anyway. This minimizes time spent changing weights on barbell bars.

This is basically a modified 5x5 stronglifts program - I don't have all the right equipment, so I have done some substitutions until I can afford/get right equipment. I circuit train because time is a big issue lately, but once the loads are heavier, going to work on straight sets.

My diet isn't exceptionally clean currently, with 3 kids and wife, its difficult to pick things that everyone will eat and not spend all my free time cooking. Diet is much much better than it was before I started training. Thinking of trying a Cyclic ketogenic diet, but not sure exactly how its going to workout. Still researching it.

Last edited by Krig on Fri May 06, 2011 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:51 am

holy shit krig was fat. I always pictured him ripped.

anyways good work. and i if you all have not checked this website out yet its free and great.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/

it gives you work out routines, diet plans, supplement information and suggestions. Its all free minus the supplements, but is great info.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:53 am

Yeah, I was pretty damn big for a while. You don't realize it until you step on the scale and go DAMN.

I used to tell myself I was on a long term "bulking" phase Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:58 am

when i am short on time I use my bowflex. I feel like i get a better work out with it in 15 minutes then i do with 30-40 minutes of P90x. However i tend to drop wait faster with the P90x stuff, and feel the bowflex is building more mass.

Should i look into a free wieght setup? anyone know if there is a big difference in results between free wieght and resistance?
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:03 am

I've never used a bowflex, personally. If it maintains the form of the exercise for you(like a cybex machine) then its not as good as free weights.

Machines have some places, especially for exercises that are high risk, but generally provide less benefit than free weights. People with known injuries may benefit from using machines to prevent further injuries.

IMO though, dumbbells are king, barbells come in a close second. Machines a distant 3rd. Looking at a bowflex, I would put it somewhere between a machine and a barbell in desirability.

Bowflex looks like there is a mechanical advantage due to pulleys, but also some instability as its cabled. Don't expect to press the same amount on a barbell that you would on a bowflex, otherwise you're liable to drop a barbell on your trachea.

IMO you should build first, especially if your diet isn't great. Cardio provides an increased metabolic rate for a few hours after finishing, while a good workout session can give you a higher burn for approximately 39 hours max.

EDIT: General concensus on BB.com forums are that bowflex is inferior. Here is an explanation Gimpypaw posted.

Bowflex - Any resistance band/bow type machine will have less resistance at the beginning of a motion, with the resistance increasing as you proceed through the motion. At the lower point of the bench press you will face LESS resistance than at the top, or fully contracted position of the exercise.

Barbell - Because gravity is constant, the weight and force required to move the barbell will be equall throughout the entire motion. The only exception to this rule would be when sufficient speed is gained in the movement so as to allow inertia to partially carry the weight for a limited durration.

Now, with most compound exercises, the amount of work done by each muscle will vary depending on what phase of the motion you are in. With the Bench Press, the pecs hold the primary responsibility at the lowest point of the exercise, but as the bar moves upward the tri's and delts increase their percentage of the load. Unfortunately, it is at the lower point of the exercise that the Bowflex offers the LEAST resistance.

So if your goal in performing the bench press was for the development of your chest, free weights are a better choice. If you really want to know how much better a good power rack / bench / barbell setup is over a Bowflex, check Craigslist.org Search for "power rack", then search for "Bowflex"

People sell their useless crap while keeping the good stuff. Let us know which one people seem to be trying to unload the most.
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Picked up a year membership to the YMCA last week and have already started hitting the gym.
Unfortunately after my first day of working out biceps both of my arms are completely swollen, especially my left which looks significantly bigger.

I currently look like i've been playing near radiation and will probably focus on legs and back this week for fear of turning into a crab if I continue my bicep workouts.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:18 am

Randy wrote:
Picked up a year membership to the YMCA last week and have already started hitting the gym.
Unfortunately after my first day of working out biceps both of my arms are completely swollen, especially my left which looks significantly bigger.

I currently look like i've been playing near radiation and will probably focus on legs and back this week for fear of turning into a crab if I continue my bicep workouts.

did anyone else picture randy dressed as a construction worker while reading this?
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:03 am

I can only picture Randy as 120 lbs of boy toy, so the construction worker version of that is him wearing a plastic hat with a plastic tool belt and jorts.

I did lol pretty hard though.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:16 am

boy toy jorts
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:04 pm

I think we just found our WD outfit.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  Bob-the-builder

No jorts though Sad
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptySun May 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Are you guys using any supplements? I've been using whey protein mostly, but am looking at BSN NO Xplode for creatine and nitric oxide boost.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:29 am

jack 3d (wes recommended this to me) its fucking awesome and ZMA.

Jack 3d is a prework out drink that boost enery, and prolongs muscle fatigue. It really is good stuff, but read the bottle and follow the directions.

ZMA is Zinc, Monomethionine, and Aspartate it helps your body produce testosrone and build muscle. Testosterone production for most men starts to slow down as they age, or when they gain a signification about of wieght. Take it at night before you go to bed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression    Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression  Empty

Back to top Go down

Warrior Dash 2012 Trainning and Progression
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next