þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New mini game strat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

New mini game strat Empty
PostSubject: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:05 am

I have been thinking about ways to better our team. One thing i think that will help is for next month or so every time we go into a minigame we will appoint a different leader. That way each person gets a chance to see how fustrating it is when you as telling people to focus on a person/objective and no one is listening.

We played 2 games last night. Both should have been easy wins. 1 was a literaly a last second win and 1 was a draw. We have said this 1000 times and will continue to say it FOCUS FIRE wins games. No one should do anything other than focus on the target/object called by the team leader unless told to do so. Normaly we have 1-2 people trying to focus and 4 other people who think they can better serve the team by doing something else. Those 4 people are not helping and are not playing as a team.

Maybe after everyone has a few games under their belts with no one listening to them people will start to focus and listen a little better.

and FYI if you are in a combo or whatever and target/object is called stop the fucking combo and focus immediately. You can break any combo by jumping/double tapping a direction key.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:52 pm

Good idea. It may well help some people understand that focus fire is important, and that the quicker you find the designated target and start dropping bombs on it, the better your team will perform.

I'd also like to add that it would be important to regroup after a battle lost. When you get killed and spawn back, take a second to check everyone's health bar. If they're all dropping quickly and almost all dead, wait up and gather with the rest of the team before going back in. It's worthless to rush in when you're all alone, you'll end up dead in matters of seconds.
Back to top Go down
modx

Number of posts : 357

Character sheet
Character Name: Solomon

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:09 pm

I real don't like mini's so I don't have a opinion for this post. But don't get me wrong I well do world PvP any day.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:17 am

Sometimes I just want to skull fuck mod.

Joe, this is a terrible idea: when you and I actually execute what they call out they'll get the opposite experience you're going for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:50 am

Thrym wrote:

Joe, this is a terrible idea: when you and I actually execute what they call out they'll get the opposite experience you're going for.

you would have to play to execute anything.

And when and if you start playing again this is a learning experince for you and me as well.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:31 pm

Thiazi wrote:
Thrym wrote:

you would have to play to execute anything.

And when and if you start playing again this is a learning experince for you and me as well.

Yeah, where have you been?

If it's because of what I said, well I'm sorry, I was pissed and may have gone overboard.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:31 am

I took a break the next night because I was just too mad before, and it wasn't cool. So take a night off and cool off. Then the next night I needed a break from the game to be honest. I love AoC, but every now and then it can eat at you, so I took another night. Then friday I was innebriated from happy hour and fell asleep at 9:30 like an old man.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:11 am

Alright, well I hope we'll see you on soon! The Vent has be quite desert lately...
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:54 am

hex! wrote:
Alright, well I hope we'll see you on soon! The Vent has be quite desert lately...

Was there all weekend homey, and two of our college boys should be done with finals (demon and vollous).
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:27 pm

in time it will come to a point where you wont really have to call out targets. As a general rule of thumb, healers go first, except a BS (reguardless what you may think, most pvp bs have buble so take them out last + they are medium armor), then casters. Group make up is a key to the sucess. From my experience on tyranny with some better pvp'ers than exo. When they run premades they are brutal.

2 heavies (usually 2 guards, guards are the best melee class in the game, u must stance dance (freenzy/defensive; s&b and polearm) BV wrecks clothies

2 ranged dps (demo, necro, ranger)

1-2 healers (if 1 healer have a hox/sin/barb for the other)

The key is the guard goes for the kills, they dont touch the flag, once the BV is going up its 1-2 shot city. Its amazing to see a guard going 27-0 in a mini (again they are primarly fighting the other teams clothies/healers)

If a ranger is in the group, the ranger runs the flag. Typically all of them stay together fight, once its clear that the we had the advantage the ranger or whoever will then go get the flag.

Couple of tips that makes it easier is everyone have "show players in the vincity health bar" This allows you to quickly look at who is by you and how much health they have. If you see a sin/barb/tos/pom right by you with low health, you need to break off current target and finish the lowest heath opponent.

Its frustrating, but it will get better.

2 tin.
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:29 pm

and the guards had a pvp spec and a pve spec. They respec everytime doing minis, if they were tank spec then they ran the flag. but once they put in the pvp build, it was a thing of beauty.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:38 pm

I would love to PvP spec my guard, but someone else is going to have to fund the respecs.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:43 pm

Its ok I will t.... I mean, Sean will take care of that.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:03 pm

so sean i guess that makes you my new suga daddy. Eventually i will respec for a pvp build but for yak runs and the khitai 6 mans we need our tanks to be tank specced. The standard guard pvp build focuses on BV which is deep in the juggernaut tree so i lose alot of combo damage inexchange for big spike damage. I may try it out any since i dont really lose much survialibity.

Just makes it alot harder to hold and pull aggro.
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:27 pm

dude 29.99 for 100g you seen the advertisement last night, use your vet points to reset the cost when it gets to 1g. i have some gold i can lend you.

Also i told wes last night how to get a free t3 city
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:55 pm

i aint buying ingame gold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New mini game strat   New mini game strat Empty

Back to top Go down

New mini game strat
Page 1 of 1