þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1.07.2 notes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

1.07.2 notes Empty
PostSubject: 1.07.2 notes   1.07.2 notes EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:14 am

New Feature – Offline Character Progression

With this new feature you will get additional levels gained over time that can be allocated to characters in the character selection screen if you wish. It is designed to earn and allocate additional levels to gain over time even while being offline and it’s only available to put on characters that are at least level 30. The progression will not be so huge that it will make it unnecessary to actually play that character but it gives a nice little bonus even during times when you are on holiday or have to take a break from playing. This offline character progression feature is not available to Trial players.

Additional PvP Gear for Minigame Tokens

We have introduced a new set of PvP gear that is available for sale from the vendors in the armories. These items can be bought only with Minigame tokens and do slightly less DPS than the gear released with the Shrines of Bori. Furthermore, the new Minigame gear uses the Tier 2 PvP visuals and we upgraded the gear released with the Shrines of Bori to use the Tier 3 PvP armor visuals.

CLASSES

Barbarian

* Ability - Blood Rage has been redesigned. It is now called Physique and increases the Barbarian's total Constitution by 2% per rank. Physique is now an innate ability granted at level 10.
* Ability - Reaver Stance has been redesigned. It is now called Reave and increases the Barbarian's total Weapon Damage (Melee) by 5% per rank. Reave is now an innate ability granted at level 10.
Please Note: this is not the same as a 5% bonus to Weapon Damage (melee). With Reave, the 5% bonus is of the player's existing total Weapon Damage (melee) value. This is the same stat as the one that was increased with stacks of Reaver Stance.

RAIDS

Thoth-Amon's Stronghold

* Reduced the Singing Sword's health and magic resistances.
* Reduced the spawn rate of the adds in the Hathor-Ka encounter.

PVP

* Totem Torrent: Fixed an issue where the winner would sometimes be displayed incorrectly in the GUI when the match would time out.
* Fixed an exploit related to the Shrines of Bori.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

1.07.2 notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.07.2 notes   1.07.2 notes EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:37 am

sounds like it could be a huge bonus to barbs... for wes's sake i hope so.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

1.07.2 notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.07.2 notes   1.07.2 notes EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:58 pm

blood rage and reaver sound better than Physique and Reave.

I am not sure how the math will work with 2% constitution per stack, but it sounds...interesting.

I wonder if it heals you when you gain the con, or just increases your total HP possible... Without the instant healing, this is a big nerf to healing, but a nice increase to damage.

EDIT assuming 500 constitution, the first stack will give you 80 HP extra MAX, 5 will be 400 HP, 10 is 800, 15 is 1200. I know an 80 DT can go over 600 Constitution easy, not sure on barbarians. Constitution also increases HP regen, but I am not sure if it will equal the regen they had before.

Wes, care to weigh in on this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

1.07.2 notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.07.2 notes   1.07.2 notes EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 1:54 pm

The old man in me hates change, i felt like barbs were formidable but not OP (excluding molding) and was having a lot of fun on my barb again.

I'm with krig that the names blow ass; old ones are much better.

I'm all for passive abilities, the less micro managing the better. This is what makes barbs in DR so great (please don't derail the thread with this comment). But really, those stances were largely passive to begin with. I'm thinking the regen of barbs just got chopped off with the con add. I think it makes reaver tree much more formidable, which was the intention I'm sure, with the weapon damage bonus. I don't want to waste 5 points on it, but I think if the regen of the top tier bloodrage tree is still there, keeping reaver stance up might make the best combo. I didn't read the changes and think 'awesome!' like Joe did, so maybe I'm missing something. I think I would have preferred the old set up not having yet tried them out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

1.07.2 notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.07.2 notes   1.07.2 notes EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:36 pm

I didnt think awesome! what i said is it could be a huge bonus for barbs followed by the disclaimer I hope.

It sounds like you get more overall HP and added weapon damage with out spending any feat points. Since you automatically gain the abilities. Then if you choose you can add feat points to increase those bonuses. Unlike now where you have to waste points on your stances you get them automatically and they are both active all the time.

It sounds like you can then spend feat points to increase the benifits. 5% weapon damage increase PER RANK. my guess is it will be atleast a 3 rank ability if the base is 5 + 3*5 that gives you a possiable 20% damage increase that is pretty fucking big for a barb with 2handed weapons that turns the 128 dps sword you have into a 153.6 dps. (i think it is actually more, from the description below it sounds like it would be 20% of your total dps). Also you will now have more HP to start the fight with instead of having to survive long enough to actually build up your regen. So you are now more durable and dealing more damage all the time not just when you have built up 15 counters(which you will never do against a good dps class).

OF course that is just how I interpreted the changes and I could be completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

1.07.2 notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.07.2 notes   1.07.2 notes EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 pm

I think using both is bad ass, I just assumed you still had first level feat points in them and had to choose which one was passively accounted for. If you can use both then that would be a major boost. I assumed that would be too easy.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

1.07.2 notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.07.2 notes   1.07.2 notes EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Thrym wrote:
I think using both is bad ass, I just assumed you still had first level feat points in them and had to choose which one was passively accounted for. If you can use both then that would be a major boost. I assumed that would be too easy.

that is kinda what they did for sins, we lost both our stances but they are now part of our class and part of other feats. It was a huge improvement and is what i am hoping they have done for barbs.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

1.07.2 notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.07.2 notes   1.07.2 notes EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:55 pm

I hope barbs are the sin nerf then. Fuck sins, rangers, and pat.

(I actually did half decent pvping on my ranger the other night, I was surprised. I shouldn't be, cause fuck rangers.)
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

1.07.2 notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.07.2 notes   1.07.2 notes EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:00 pm

1.07.2 Barb build

Here's what I'm running now. Lost immunity from arcane marauder, but gained about 25 points of DPS and a charge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1.07.2 notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.07.2 notes   1.07.2 notes Empty

Back to top Go down

1.07.2 notes
Page 1 of 1