þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server Merges

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:05 am

Cimmeria and bloodspire/agony are being merge together. Cimmeria will continue to be PVP-RP. Should be a few more people to kill. Also, everyone can transfer their character to another server once, free of charge.

Edit: New server merge info
Funcom wrote:
Set PvE
Ironspine

Wiccana PvE
Gwahlur

Tyranny PvP

Cimmeria RP PvP
Bloodspire
Agony
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Fucking finally. This means more to me than character trees and expansions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
modx

Number of posts : 357

Character sheet
Character Name: Solomon

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Thats cool that they are doing that.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 6:07 pm

I think they should put all the pve together and turn the other into a pvp culture server, but I am extremely glad for the increased population it will mean for cimmeria.

With the new PVP content they will be putting out, I think this will be a good time to be playing AoC if you are interested in PVP.
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 6:46 pm

I think I just might come back full time. And this well give me a chance try out my new computer when I buy one real soon.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 7:20 pm

FYI, if you plan on leveling to 80, wait till you get some pvp levels before hitting 80. Much easier than working behind the 8 ball where everyone has pvp 4-5 and raid gear. You can do fine with culture gear at 78-79

We can still raid at 79 and build up gear for when we hit 80.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:00 pm

i agree with wes the server merge is the best news i have heard yet
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:19 am

Server merges are scheduled for this monday, 1/25/10 @ 8 AM. Servers expected to be down for 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:46 am

If we are going to make a push for HoU in AoC now is the time. with the server merge there are going to be people looking for new guilds.
The question is am i going to be the only one pushing?

Krig last i played you have very limited time, mod is very infrequnet, thrym has become very limited in his play time. The honest truth is right now i am the only one that has the time to really push our guild. And honestly I am a shitty recruiter I just dont have the personality for it.

So if we do this what kind of play schedule is everyone looking at? Because 1 or 2 hours a couple nights a week is ok for a recruit but it is not ok for the core members trying to push their guild.

Also we need to switch the guild goverment to harem. I know you hate the idea wes but it gives us the most freedom for player rank. and sticking to something else which is more restrictive because you dont like the name doesnt make sense.
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:49 am

Well my schedule is that I can play every night as long as I am not schedule to work at night. But even if I do work at night I can get on in the morning before I go to work.

But before I go and resub AOC I well really need to know who well be coming back to AOC since I am looking forward to playing Global Agenda when it Launches.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 12:32 pm

The guilds on the other servers will be intact after the merge, so I don't think it will be as much of a increase in available people to join HoU as you might think.

Also, the larger guilds have 500+ people. Now that they are established, I don't know if we will be ever really be able to compete with that. We would need 48 people on for a decent seige, and I don't think we ever broke 10 at once.

but, we can have fun together, destroying other groups in mini games, running mini teams up until 79 is doable, but 80 we would have to gear out for, or have pvp 4-5. taking over the small altars and monopolizing one of those would be do-able as well.

FYI - the border kingdoms are being reset when the merge happens, so they are going to be shaken up a lot.

I've been able to make more time lately for playing, just not on the weekends. Feb 1st my schedule changes, and I will be able to play every other weekend.

Standard Working Schedule will be:

Week 1: Wed, Thurs, Fri
Week 2: Monday, Tuesday,Saturday, Sunday.

then repeat. Its a lot closer to home though, which means less time commuting, too. There will be occasional exceptions though.

I log on at work when its slow too, during the day.

I haven't left Sean, so thats 1. You and Joe are up in the air right now. Mortikiah was /telling me some yesterday on Oats, he might join up. Meleanea/Leena(sp?) joined Reign of Chaos, dunno how committed she is, but she had left HoU earlier anyway.

Vic is in Exofaggy IIRC, at least with Hennessey, his 80 HoX.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:11 pm

are they transfering guild cities as well? that alone will break up guilds if they dont.
Alot of guilds stay together because they are top dog on their server(or atleast think they are), espeically when you are talking 100+ members. Now alot of them wont be and they will start looking for something else. Alot will stay together but alot will merge and fall apart, it always happens with server merges.

I know what it takes to run a seige, but honestly unless they have fixed them i am not interested it in. Last i heard they were still huge lag fest. But everything else HoU could compete in and could grow. most of the large guilds on the server right now formed after the initial guilds in AoC fell. Its a cycle that always repeats its self. He were making decent progress last time and for the most part recruited quailty players, and because of that were getting alot of notice. And i think would have increase our recruitment at 80 but we stayed in the lower brackets.

If we are on as a group and recruiting and running games and raids (and winning) recruits will come especially at 80.
And unless gear has changed, i use to pwnd full teir geared 80s with my 50 blues so not to worried about that once i get back in the habit of things.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:18 pm

I believe they are transferring guild cities.

sieges are still bugged, and lag fest, at least for me. Might be poor graphics cards are my issue more than anything though.

You are better than me at AoC, Joe. You can pull off killing 80s with lvl 50 blues. I'm not convinced I can do that, but I will give it a shot.

If everyone starts coming back, I will make an effort to learn how to move/fight with a mouse instead of keyboard turning. I think that would help me immensely.

Part of the draw with a ToS is that I could keyboard turn and still dominate, since everything was self-centered AoE anyway.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Server Merge FAQ

Funcom wrote:
This FAQ should answer most of the questions on the topic of the planned server merges. As soon as additional information will be available, we will add it to this FAQ.

When will the server merges happen?
We will start merging the servers in the second half of January 2010.

Will all servers be merged at the same time?
Yes. We plan to have the servers merged within one day (24 hours). There might be different downtimes for EU servers and US servers though.

Which servers will be merged?
The final list of servers is available here.

What happens if several characters with the same name end up on the same server?
This depends on the following aspects and rules:
Is the character on a still active account?
If several characters of the same name are all from active accounts, the one with the higher level will keep his name.
If merged characters have the same level, the one from an account which is registered on a longer time base will keep the name (so 3 month recurring over 1 month recurring).
If characters are from accounts with the same subscription recurring time, the last login will decide which one keeps the name.
The other(s) will be prompted a message at the first attempt to log in with that character stating that a new name must be given to this character.

What happens if two guilds with the same name end up on the same server?
The server of origin will be added to the guild name so all guilds will keep their name but with the name of the server they originated from. A guild has of course the possibility to get their guild name changed again by sending an in-game petition.

What is happening with guild cities when guilds are moved to another server?
Guild cities will be moved to the same playfield and spot they have been before. When necessary a new instance will be created. So every merged guild will have access to the same guild city on the new server.

And what will happen with guild battlekeeps?
Since build spots for battlekeeps are limited on each server, all build spots will be cleared and guilds will be reimbursed the resources for their battlekeep. This is to make sure that the guild get the needed resources again and every guild gets the same chance. Detailed information about how guild leaders need to request the resource reimbursement will follow soon.

Will there be a possibility to transfer single characters to another server for free?
Yes. The one-time free option to transfer characters to another server will be available after all server merges have been completed. Every character from a merged server will be eligible for one free transfer and this offer will be valid for one month after the final server merges have been completed (also see rules below). This transfer will be free of charge and can be used once per character and will be available from your billing pages.

The following rules apply to this free transfer offer:

Characters from servers that were merged will be eligible for one free transfer to another server in the same territory (EU). A transfer to Fury is also possible. This offer for a free transfer is valid until 30 days after the EU server merge has happened.
Existing characters on Russian and Polish servers can transfer to another Russian/Polish server but not to another server in the EU territory.
Characters from any EU server can not transfer to a Russian/Polish server.
Characters from servers that were not merged (Crom, Fury, Mitra and Ishtar) are not eligible for a free transfer.
The option to transfer a character to the server Fury with the payed character transfer option will be made available during or shortly after the free transfer offer mentioned above. Depending on the actual transfers and numbers of players, transfers to certain servers could again be restricted though if we see the need to do so.

Can a character be transferred from one server ruleset to another (e.g. from a PvE server to a PvP server)?
Yes, that will be possible.

Can a character be transferred from one language server to another (e.g. from a German server to an English server)?
Yes, this will also be possible.

Can a character be transferred from an US server to an EU server or vice versa?
No, characters will only be able to be transferred to another server in the same territory (US or EU).

Will it be possible for whole guilds to be transferred to another server after the merge including taking with them their guild city and/or guild battlekeep?
No. Every member of a guild will have to be moved to a new server with the single character transfer option described above. Guild cities and battlekeeps will only be moved or reimbursed with the server merges.

Will all the items and messages stored in the bank also be moved automatically to the new server?
Yes, all items and messages (including items attached to messages) will be moved.

Will also all characters of currently inactive accounts be moved with the merges?
Prior to the above mentioned server merges, we will delete characters of levels 1 to 20 on accounts that were inactive (without subscription) for 7 months or more. This will happen during a maintenance downtime on the 19th of January (the official downtime announcement will follow soon). In detail that means:
NO characters will be deleted from an account that has a valid, running subscription.
If an account's subscription ran out 7 or more months ago, and the account is not reactivated until the character deletion process starts, characters below level 21 will be deleted. Characters of level 21 and up remain untouched and are NOT deleted.
All characters that were not deleted during this character deletion process will be moved.

How will I know if one of my friends had to rename his character after the merge?
If one of your friends had to rename his character, his name in your friendslist will automatically be updated to the new name. But you will have to talk to your friend to find out what his new name is as you won't see his old name in your friendslist.

Please note: after the merge, better check with your friends if they had to rename any of their chars before you start to send /tell information or in-game mails to them. Otherwise it might turn out that you talk to or send in-game mails to another person than you actually intend to.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 4:52 pm

my guess is you are probably as good if not better then i am right now krig. the mouse should help alot though and alot of it depends on class. skill helps but unless you have high dps you are unlikely to take down players 20 levels above you.

anyways I am waiting to see what thrym has to say. I am still not sure and have no desire to buy the expansion. I can tell you this much if i have to change any of my characters names, that will be a game over for me. So if there is a giddeon glim or haures on one of those other servers merging into us that would end the game rather quickly for me.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:10 pm

I have always said I'm trying the expansion. I left 8% from pvp4! This news could bring me back earlier, but comp is an issue at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:18 pm

IIRC you had/have a virus. I wish I could walk you through putting another hard drive in your system and reinstalling everything, just to get you running again.

AFAIK there is no way to tell if there is a giddeon, glim, or haures without resubbing.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:58 pm

according to aoc yellow goblin i am ok.

as for thrym trying the expansion. you havent said if you woul dbe around more then an hour a night. Cause if your present schedule continues then you are only good for 1-2 hours mon and tuesday and then some weekend hours. That is not good avialablity for a GL.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Thiazi wrote:

as for thrym trying the expansion. you havent said if you woul dbe around more then an hour a night. Cause if your present schedule continues then you are only good for 1-2 hours mon and tuesday and then some weekend hours. That is not good avialablity for a GL.

I agree. Of course, a GL with good availability that doesn't use it would be a bigger faux pas in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:02 am

Thrym wrote:
Thiazi wrote:

I agree. Of course, a GL with good availability that doesn't use it would be a bigger faux pas in my opinion.

of course that is not as much faux pas as the GL who expects the other GL to carry all the wait... Also when was the last time you logged in to AoC? You may not have as much time as me, but i am pretty sure you have not made use of it either.

I was not trying to turn this into a pissing contest. I was asking if you and the other members were planning to commit the needed time for HoU to be successful in AoC? I do not plan to play it if not. My statment in the above quote was not ment as an attack, but to illustrate that even though you plan to try the expanasion unless your schedule is changing your trial of the expansion will not be enough to run a successful guild. I asked the same of our other members because their schedules are as limited as yours and their replies answered the question; yours was the only one that did not.
Back to top Go down

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:16 am

Damnit I literally just joined another guild on Oats. Seriously like less than 30 mins ago. As for your names though Joe i thought it was players transferring to the server would have to change their own names if they were taken on the server they're merging to. Did I misunderstand?

As for gear, it matters a lot more than it used to. Is it a gamebreaker? Probably not. I think it will make good and decent players better but people dramatically lacking skill will still struggle. I guess an example would be a guy you always seem to just barely beat gets decked out in T2/pvp3+ compared to your T1/dungeon pieces and now seems to beat you on a regular basis.

Gear is definitely important at 80 though because of factors like casters getting a dramatic dmg increase with T2 while soldiers receive the big resistances from pvp 3+ gear.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:41 am

Working on my of my friends here to see if he will start up AoC. I convinced him to start Darkfall, so I only think its a matter of time. Would be nice to have House of Uproar up and running when he starts.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:46 am

The soonest i will be able to resub would be friday.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:18 pm

I've got system discs from Dell on the way. As soon as I can get a copy of office I'll be good to go for AoC.
Back to top Go down
modx

Character sheet

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:28 pm

As soon as I get my new computer I well resub to aoc. I should beable to get my new computer in about 2-3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server Merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Merges   Server Merges Empty

Back to top Go down

Server Merges
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next