þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy 4th of July

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Happy 4th of July Empty
PostSubject: Happy 4th of July   Happy 4th of July EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 10:08 am

As the title says it, happy 4th of July boys.

In other news : I went to renew my passport last week. I should soon be good for any HoUFEST planned later this year...!
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

Happy 4th of July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 4th of July   Happy 4th of July EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:36 am

Happy fourth to Canadia as well!

We were talking about it earlier: what is the Canada version of our independence day? I know there's a Canada day of some sort, and most of Canada is French/irish (seeking religious freedom?), but rather than google it I figured I'd ask you and see if it meant much to you guys? Does the 4th of July mean jack to Canadians?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

Happy 4th of July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 4th of July   Happy 4th of July EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:37 am

4th of July is like any other day in Canada.

There is a Canada Day which is the 1st of July. It's celebrated pretty much everywhere in Canada except in Quebec, where we frenchies celebrate the St-Jean-Baptiste (which they renamed "La fête nationale du Québec" to be politically correct or "Quebec's national holiday" if you would like).

And by the way, Canada is actually most of British origins, other than Quebec which is mostly of French origins.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

Happy 4th of July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 4th of July   Happy 4th of July EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 am

And knowing is half the battle.

What's the relevance of John the baptist for Canada to make a holiday? Is it a big deal like the 4th here, or just a nice day off work?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

Happy 4th of July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 4th of July   Happy 4th of July EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:38 pm

I'm unsure of what the original meaning of it was except that it is an old French celebration of mid summer or something like that, but we do celebrate it quite amazingly, probably like you guys do your 4th (drink, eat, drink, party, drink, drink, have unprotected secks with strangers...).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy 4th of July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 4th of July   Happy 4th of July Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy 4th of July
Page 1 of 1