þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC universe online

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Randy

Randy

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2010-02-24

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Playing the beta now... looks like it might be okay once its released if we all play together for a bit.. sounds terribly fag but its a game.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 am

i wanted to try it at first, but the more of i heard about it he more i have been put off.

Character creation for example i dont want to pick a super hero and be modeled after him. I want to create my own character with my own look and customize my powers the way i see fit.

Also is it only mini games?
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:10 am

After reading a little more and looking at some more gameplay videos, this game doesn't seem as bad as I first thought. The game seems to actually require a bit of skill from the player (moving, dodging, using the environment, ...) in order for him to be successful.
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Thiazi wrote:
i wanted to try it at first, but the more of i heard about it he more i have been put off.

Character creation for example i dont want to pick a super hero and be modeled after him. I want to create my own character with my own look and customize my powers the way i see fit.

Also is it only mini games?

You can create your own superhero and his own looks. Which is good and bad. Bad because theres many options for furrys. They do give you the option to model yourself after a hero though, if your a lazy shit.

No I havent played a mini game yet. Its an open city like city of heroes. I spent a few hours playing and it seems in the beginning you do many public quests then fight a final instanced boss.

hex! wrote:
After reading a little more and looking at some more gameplay videos, this game doesn't seem as bad as I first thought. The game seems to actually require a bit of skill from the player (moving, dodging, using the environment, ...) in order for him to be successful.

I joined a pvp server and I liked it a lot, mainly because the people playing didnt really seem to know how to fight eachother and I walked in and killed people 10 levels higher than me. You can pick almost anything up in the environment too and hit people with it or throw it.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:39 pm

give us videos. make sure you blur anything that would ID you. i may check it out when it releases if you are still playing the beta and enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:42 pm

ill do that. its hard to really enjoy a MMO without friends. Im about ready to play any game now just to be back doing something.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:12 am

I agree. I love blops but i am still waiting on my xbox to return.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:52 am

Videos goes under Member only section... Wink

It honestly doesn't seem like a bad game, but then it's hard to tell from a couple of videos and some walls of hype.

I hope to hear more of it soon.
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:23 pm

hex! wrote:
Videos goes under Member only section... Wink

It honestly doesn't seem like a bad game, but then it's hard to tell from a couple of videos and some walls of hype.

I hope to hear more of it soon.

Its not terrible but it is still meh. Nothing too new or too special. Until release im perfectly cool with playing bad company 2. Went on it today and man its awesome I dont know why I stopped playing.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:43 am

Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:11 pm

a very positive review. almost... too positive.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:13 pm

i think randy should just DM a D&D game for us over skype.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Shadowrun, Shadowrun, Shadowrun, ...!

But back on subject,

The guy really seem to love the game for what it has to offer. Not too many bad points in his review so I wonder if it's because of the "Pink-tinted glasses" he could be wearing, or because the game is simply a good game.

I think we might need to give this one some time to see if the pink vision fades off or not.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 5:20 pm

I am waiting on randys final verdict to decide on weather or not i will play it.

but ill play shadow run if you want to run the game simon.
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:15 pm

Thiazi wrote:
I am waiting on randys final verdict to decide on weather or not i will play it.

but ill play shadow run if you want to run the game simon.

I didnt think it was as great as this guy lead it on to be.. and the graphics werent all there along with a confusing character creator. Then again it is beta so who knows what they'll improve on. But its worth a go if we all need something to do. I still prefer conan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online Empty

Back to top Go down

DC universe online
Page 1 of 1