þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elections

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Elections   Elections EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Sup,

I wanted to get your feedbacks on the recent elections that took place yesterday in the States. Here I read in the papers that a lot of people are unhappy with Obama and the economy of the country and that is the main cause people voted more Republicans in.

I feel Obama just arrived 2 year from now in a version of the US that was close to a pile of shit economically, and with many more problems in need of solutions. I feel people saw him as a holy savior that would have all those problem fixed in matters of seconds and since this is taking more time than their unrealistic hopes, they think he's crap and should kick him out ASAP.

Could you please enlighten me with your POV as Americans?
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections   Elections EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:08 pm

gorge bush jr. was handed a failing economy from president clinton, which was compounded by the 9/11 attacks. Most people didnt and dont realize this but the start of our problems began during the clinton era. Bush Jr. walked into probably the most difficulut presidental term ever. The last 2 years of his presidency were a stalmate because democrates refused to work with him so nothing worthwile was accomplished and what little was done turned out to be some very stupid mistakes, ie. the first stimulus.

Our current president has repeated every mistake bush made and more. He has pushed his agenda even when the american people said no (health care is a prime example). Every time the democrates have had the presidency, house, and senate they have lost by landslides in the following elections; this is historical fact. America was founded on conservitive ideas, and those same ideas made us the super power we still are, even though we are quickly losing that status. The farther from those ideas we get the worse our country gets.

I know americans may not have a great gobal reputation, but that doesnt change what we are and what we have accomplished. Say what you will about the right wing conservitives, but they are the reason germany did not conqour the world. We may be accused of a lot of things and guilty of some, but if it was not for america and its medling ways this would be a very very different world, and i dont think one either of us want to live in.

more on point. This election is a direct result of our policitins refusal to listen to american people. American people want a strong president, not one who bows to forgein leaders. American people want a fisically responiable goverment. American people want border protection. And most americans believe they are only entitled to what they work for and earn them selves.

we are still in an economical shit hole and with the current goverment are gettting much much deeper into that shit. Regardless of who is in office, the mess we are in will take time to fix. But many americans are quickly becoming disenchanted by our current president. Obama was a emotional vote for many people, and a fake vote for many more dead and non existant voters. There is a very small minority of Obama supporters during his election that could tell you anything about what he stood for. There were several test done where voters were asked if they would vote for (insert any name here) if they were running with obama and many answers of yes. Example would you vote for President Obama and Vice President McCain and people actually said yes. Many MANY MANY uninformed people turned out to vote for obama, many voted to prove they werent prejudice, many voted because they always vote democrate.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections   Elections EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Obama could have done a lot for the American people, but I don't feel like he accomplished what he set out to do (initially).

I think Obama won because he did a better job of representing himself than McCain. I talked to a few people who appear to be somewhat politically active, and I feel that the McCain, before the presidential race, I might have voted for. The McCain portrayed in the presidential race seemed like a bland old guy to me. I admit to bias against republicans in general, but I try to give everyone a fair shake.

I think Obama promised unrealistic things, and I think the majority of people now upset thought it would happen overnight. Hell, I was excited about some of the things he promised. I think Republicans and Democrats can agree that reliance on foreign oil is a bad thing.

I have kind of an odd political views, somewhat more akin to a libertarian than a democrat or republican. I like fairness in government.

I want America to be self-sufficient, and rely less on foreign oil. I like renewable energy, sustainability.

I also want to be able to carry a gun. If you aren't born in this country, get yourself a green card, or GTFO.

I like the idea of a tax on everything bought and sold that goes to the government, instead of income tax every year(even though I get thousands of dollars back every year).

I dislike special interests, and am tired of the discrimination against WHITE people for jobs and government benefits.

I don't like that religion is bleeding into politics, or anything else for that matter. Keep your religion to yourself, and I will keep mine(or lack thereof).

IDK, I feel like I developed some verbal diarrhea and rambled some, but you get the idea.

Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections   Elections EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:58 am

Krig wrote:
Obama could have done a lot for the American people, but I don't feel like he accomplished what he set out to do (initially).

I think Obama won because he did a better job of representing himself than McCain. I talked to a few people who appear to be somewhat politically active, and I feel that the McCain, before the presidential race, I might have voted for. The McCain portrayed in the presidential race seemed like a bland old guy to me. I admit to bias against republicans in general, but I try to give everyone a fair shake.

I think Obama promised unrealistic things, and I think the majority of people now upset thought it would happen overnight. Hell, I was excited about some of the things he promised. I think Republicans and Democrats can agree that reliance on foreign oil is a bad thing.

I have kind of an odd political views, somewhat more akin to a libertarian than a democrat or republican. I like fairness in government.

I want America to be self-sufficient, and rely less on foreign oil. I like renewable energy, sustainability.

I also want to be able to carry a gun. If you aren't born in this country, get yourself a green card, or GTFO.

I like the idea of a tax on everything bought and sold that goes to the government, instead of income tax every year(even though I get thousands of dollars back every year).

I dislike special interests, and am tired of the discrimination against WHITE people for jobs and government benefits.

I don't like that religion is bleeding into politics, or anything else for that matter. Keep your religion to yourself, and I will keep mine(or lack thereof).

IDK, I feel like I developed some verbal diarrhea and rambled some, but you get the idea.

Pretty much everything from krigs list above are republican views. And are prime examples of why people voted the way they did.

The only reason i am not registered liberterian is because of primary votes.

pre election mccain had a very good reputation amongst the people that knew him and was well liked by democrates and republicans alike. However; for some stupid reason he tried to change his image during the elections. Sadly enough i dont think Mccain could have done a much better job then our current president.

Obama is a great speaker and is very charismatic. However everything he promised was lies and unrealistic/unsupportable. As a person alot of what Obama promised sounds great. I never want to see a child sick or hurt because they cant afford health care. However I also realize it is not the goverments job to take care of that child.

Obama was an emotional vote.
Quote :
Hell, I was excited about some of the things he promised. - krig
He told people what they wanted to hear and people loved him for it. He still has a chance to turn things around if he can loose the arrogance and listen to the people. If he does we may still see him elected for another term; honestly I have no idea who the republicans could run against him. Alot of people are pulling fo palin but i think shes an idoit. I would support Rubio but i think he is too young and needs some more experince first.

Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections   Elections EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Obama was a passion vote, this is most evident when a democratic candidate pulled 40% more voters (not votes, but voters) in california than the previous election, but the same sex marriage law was overwhelmingly unsupported. All the brothers from crenshaw made it out to give Obama a vote, and then shot a fag on the way home.

Bush was a terrible speaker and representative of the US. The royal family in Britain is useless, but meant to be the best foot forward of the UK; this is what our people are to look like. The presidency after Reagan has gravitated towards the same useless nominal representative, mainly because all the subsequent wars have been fought on CNN and you can't fist the taliban the way you should when it's on public tv. When Bush looked like a dumb ass with his diction and rapport with the media, Obama came out smelling like a rose because he was eloquent and well spoken. That's the same reason everyone started celebrating Palin. McCain was old and inferior to Obama in every town forum. If Palin had been the presidential candidate and McCain vice president I think they would have won the election, for the same reason Obama did; panash and style appeal. Both promised bull shit that couldn't be done; Obama is still doing it.

Obama was inexperienced, shifty, and ignorant. But he was eloquent, aggressive, and not a white male.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Sponsored content

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections   Elections Empty

Back to top Go down

Elections
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
þrymheimr :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: