þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

priest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

priest Empty
PostSubject: priest   priest EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:03 pm

I have been thinking of making a priest for my pvp toon instead of the shaman. Simon are you planning to play your priest as your pvp toon? if so i will probably find something else or stick with the shaman so let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: priest   priest EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:13 am

When I first made my priest it was to play it as an Arena character. Now that I have restarted playing my Paladin though, it's a tough choice.

In a smaller group, I think the Paladin might be superior as it's able to defend a little better against a focussed assault ( fast heal spell, possibility to stun people for 6sec, plate armor, full immunity if shit hits the fan ). Paladin can also heal the team and protect (full immunity) a caster from incoming physical damage while letting him the ability to cast anything he wants. In the event the Paladin needs to keep constant heals on a teammate though, it might get rough for him to keep up since his Mana pool will drain fast, and that's pretty much why you can't really rely on a Paladin alone to heal a bigger group (5v5).

On the other hand, the Discipline Priest (the best healer in PvP in my opinion) has a lot of quick heals and instant spells. His Power Word: Shield is a real blessing in a bigger group since it doesn't cost a whole lot of Mana but can protect a teammate in a bad position while you cast a heal on him, or simply save his/your ass while your team finishes dropping 1 enemy. Penance is another spell that's really interesting. Channel healing, starts healing as soon as you press the button, keeps on going for quite some time, so even if you get interrupted, you still had the time to drop a good amount of health on your buddy. The thing that's a little problem in my opinion, is that you'll need help to stay alive because even though you can shield yourself, a team focusing will drop that shield in no time and then you'll be left with a fear spell and a box of Cracker Jack.

So to wrap it up, the Paladin has less healing capabilities for a big group, but can protect single people really good and the Priest is a great asset to a bigger team with instant cast spells (dmg & heals) that lets him always be on the move and avoid melee toons but needs support if jumped.

While writing this, I was thinking that if you made a Priest, and I kept my Paladin, that could have the potential of being 2 great team members for a 5v5 team. Divine Protection to shield your ass, Cleanse to remove magic/poison/disease on you, stuns to temporarily stop assailants and some heals to help you keep up. All that time that would allow the rest of the team to drop key people on the other side, and you to keep healing / shielding / DoTing (the act of casting DoTs... Suspect ).
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: priest   priest EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 am

I am either going priest or mage at this point. the good news is they use the same BOA gear so i can try both out. I think i would perfer the mage but priest would be better for leveling and its always nice to have a healer. Plus i can dual spec the priest so and have a class that is both healer and dps. If you are ok playing you palli then i will go priest and with wes on a warlock i think we have a potentialy very strong pvp group.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: priest   priest EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:03 am

In the end, I think it's really up to which one you prefer playing. There's no point in playing a class that you don't like. The thing you have to remember though is that a priest not specced in Shadow does crap DPS. So until you hit 40 and get the dual spec, you either have to lvl as a healer in Dungeons or spec Shadow and do quests and some Dungeons when they pop every 30-45min. Just don't expect to do quests as a Holy or Discipline specced Priest, I tried, and it sucks lol...
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: priest   priest EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:52 am

hex! wrote:
In the end, I think it's really up to which one you prefer playing. There's no point in playing a class that you don't like. The thing you have to remember though is that a priest not specced in Shadow does crap DPS. So until you hit 40 and get the dual spec, you either have to lvl as a healer in Dungeons or spec Shadow and do quests and some Dungeons when they pop every 30-45min. Just don't expect to do quests as a Holy or Discipline specced Priest, I tried, and it sucks lol...

Yea i am not to worried about leveling. Most of it will be from pvp or dungeons.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: priest   priest EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:04 pm

Thiazi wrote:
hex! wrote:

Yea i am not to worried about leveling. Most of it will be from pvp or dungeons.

Yeah, it's pretty fast and effortless when you do it this way.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: priest   priest EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm going to get enough emblems and shards to acquire every piece of heirloom gear for each class before I decide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: priest   priest EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Thrym wrote:
I'm going to get enough emblems and shards to acquire every piece of heirloom gear for each class before I decide.

Female Blood Elf Warlock. That's all you have to worry about.

Or if you wanna be gangsta :

Male Undead... y'know, for tha gangsta lean stance.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: priest   priest EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:07 pm

hex! wrote:

Male Undead... y'know, for tha gangsta splean stance.
fixed it
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: priest   priest EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Thiazi wrote:
hex! wrote:

fixed it

splean as in spleen?

(just making sure I get the joke... lol)
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: priest   priest EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:54 am

hex! wrote:
Thiazi wrote:
hex! wrote:

fixed it

splean as in spleen?

(just making sure I get the joke... lol)
yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: priest   priest Empty

Back to top Go down

priest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
þrymheimr :: Games :: WoW-
Jump to: