þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh lords. Another Sandbox.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Oh lords. Another Sandbox. Empty
PostSubject: Oh lords. Another Sandbox.   Oh lords. Another Sandbox. EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:01 am

I've purdy much given up hope that Mortal Online will be something other than a steaming pile of shit. Here's this new sandbox mmo that massively.com has been following: http://www.dawntide.net/. They have a really interesting territorial claim system which allows for unlimited settlement construction and governance and whatnot. Going into open beta may 31st. Thought you fellas would be interested.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

Oh lords. Another Sandbox. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh lords. Another Sandbox.   Oh lords. Another Sandbox. EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:47 am

Thanks for the info but I am going to pass.

after darkfall I think I will avoid these style games. Creating a good MMO is to big of a project for small indepent developers. Darkfall and MO are both good examples of this. I love the idea of a sandbox MMO but with out a large company funding it they dont have the resources or talent to make something worth playing.

Full loot is a great Idea and sounds awesome until you are zerged by fifty guys in full plate with +10 swords. These games are even more of a zerg fest than AOC. Because of the style of the game you have to belong to a large guild and zerg everything or settle for running around in your underware. Full loot is great when either 1 the gear doesnt make a large difference or 2 it is easy to obtain. But when you spend a full day grinding shit to get your gear then die to the plate wearing zerg moments later its not so great.

I still believe AoC is by far the best PVP MMO on the market even with its quirks and guards.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com

Oh lords. Another Sandbox.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
þrymheimr :: Games :: General-
Jump to: