þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

APB playtest thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Randy

Randy

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2010-02-24

APB playtest thoughts Empty
PostSubject: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:19 pm

I had a lot of fun with the game even though certain things that definitely need fixing irritated me.
The amount of bullets it takes to kill someone is rediculous and shooting someone in the head is no different from shooting someone in the foot. I couldn't count the amount of times I had the jump on someone and they had time to turn around find me, and kill me. The grenades and car handling are also a bit buggy. But the customization is great, I didnt get to try out the music mixer but everything else was crazy. What do you guys think?

APB playtest thoughts Apb.th
good times.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:29 pm

nice shirt
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Randy

Randy

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:00 pm

Krig wrote:
nice shirt
thug life
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:13 am

most of the things randy disliked can be attributed to server lag which was caused by 1 playing on european servers and 2 a very high population yesterday.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 am

I don't think the vehicle handling was because of lag. Kimi could drive alright, just had to get used to the massive overcorrection in the steering. Fun day, but not much staying power in the game for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:52 am

No kimi is used to driving with the lag. Alot of the over steering comes from the pressing the turn key and nothing happening(lag), so you hold the key down until you see it start to turn which causes over steering.

Anyways, It is a fun game but very repeative. It has the same staying power as a GTA game, if you like those you will love this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:02 am

It's hard to tell right now if some problem we encounter are caused by the massive lag, or simply because the game is made that way.

But I'm sure the driving and hit registering would be a lot better if we played on a NA server. I love driving in this game, it's simple, but a lot of fun (with the shooting and ramming). I'm sure playing on a NA server would reduce the driving lag by at least half. Not having a full second of response time would be awesome...!
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:52 am

I don't see much content to keep people in the game either but its one of those games where if you have a group of friends with you, you'll always have fun. I could see myself playing with the character creator and clothes designer for hours and hours alone. Which is why I can't wait for the game to be released. Another thing though is that the city itself feels empty. If you go back and look at gta iv there are npcs and cars everywhere with a perfectly designed setting that makes you feel like your in a city. San paro has just so much road and space in between buildings and most of it from what I've seen doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:32 pm

I agree with most of what you just said. I think they are planning on players populating alot of that space, but more NPCs would be a good. even NPC thugs that would attempt to mug/murder your character would be a great addition.
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:41 pm

Yeah there is so little npcs and interaction with them is almost nonexistent. The npcs that are there have the worst AI ever. You can drive straight at them and they won't move.
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:13 am

Ironically, the heavy hitters had yet another unscheduled playtest today for 10 hours.
We were just talking about this last night too.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:13 pm

btw our group has a open beta play test this entire week. So tomorrow when the xpac crashes the game for the entire day we still have something to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APB playtest thoughts   APB playtest thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

APB playtest thoughts
Page 1 of 1