þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heroes of Newerth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Hey guys,

I wanted to tell you a bit about the game Heroes of Newerth, which I started playing recently with my bro and my french-speaking buddies. It's pretty much like DotA (the Warcraft III mod), but easier to get into thanks to the useful tutorial and "Suggested Items" list.

For those of you who have no idea what it's about, well it's a RTS, where you fight 5vs5, controlling only your chosen hero, in an attempt to level up, gain new abilities and items, in order to destroy the other team's base.

It is currently in open beta, so if you wanna give it a shot, it's free. Just create an account and download the game (some 300mb).

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:03 pm

You lost me at RTS. Any better than the normal crap given you're controlling 1 char?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:25 pm

They use the overhead view and you move your character with mouse clicks, but thats pretty much it. Actually it's more of a team-based action game, where you fight the other Heroes with your buddies. You control only your hero and will normally have to use tactics like ganking and surprise strikes to take down enemy heroes effectively. Each hero have it's own abilities, which can lead to some nice combos depending who you're grouped with.

I'm not a big RTS guys (actually I hate it), but this is not like your classic RTS, other than the facts stated in the first sentence.

Anyway, if you're thinking about giving it a try, make sure you do the tutorial first, and tell me so we can group up and I can coach you a bit, as I believe it's much easier when you have someone to help you understand the basics.
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 pm

downloaded it, played with some spanish fucks and they all vote kicked me out of a noob only game because i sucked.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:41 am

lol i Dled and am trying it. I like the idea. But it is very unbalanced. certain characters are completely worthless while others are very OP at the moment, but i will continue to play. at least while it is free.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:30 am

I don't think classes are unbalanced as much as they have different strengths and play styles.

Some heroes, like the Succubus (which I like a lot) have a lot of CCs and debuffs, but does not have that big ass 0.1sec cast nuke some other heroes have. But team a Succubus with one of those "nuke" characters, and you've got yourself an easy win right there.

So it's all about learning what you can do, and what your enemy can do.

I should be on tonight so if you wanna give it another go, we can team up together.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:30 pm

I do plan to give it another try. But tonight is bad for me. Its my brothers Bday today so afterwork i have family obligations. I will be around after all that is over though.
Back to top Go down

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Sounds like Leauge of Legends. Which is really fun.
Back to top Go down

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Yeah, they're all pretty much the same.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:11 pm

kelstan wrote:
Sounds like Leauge of Legends. Which is really fun.
welcome to the forums. now wth are you?
Back to top Go down

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:41 am

Thanks I'm new in the guild. My vent is TermanatorXX and I'm playing Thoarn on AOC
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:28 am

kelstan wrote:
Thanks I'm new in the guild. My vent is TermanatorXX and I'm playing Thoarn on AOC

SPY!!
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:29 am

Randy wrote:
kelstan wrote:

SPY!!

Your a spy and i am your hot love afair. just like in the james bond movies. Kiss me james
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heroes of Newerth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth   Heroes of Newerth Empty

Back to top Go down

Heroes of Newerth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
þrymheimr :: Games :: General-
Jump to: