þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tekken 6 Coming to 360

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

Tekken 6 Coming to 360 Empty
PostSubject: Tekken 6 Coming to 360   Tekken 6 Coming to 360 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:21 pm

While I spent my fair share in quarters on Street Fighter growing up, and am looking forward to SF IV, here's the real thing:

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748466/tekken-next/videos/tekken6_fight_020409.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com

PostSubject: I was excited....   Tekken 6 Coming to 360 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:03 pm

I was excited about it until I read they are making it easier to juggle. I mean my favorite part in any fighting game is waiting for my opponent to finish there infinite juggles. I liked Tekken because it wasn't a juggle rich game like VF5. Maybe it won't be as bad as I think it will be but add in wall stun and I just see really bad things on the way.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: Tekken 6 Coming to 360   Tekken 6 Coming to 360 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:56 pm

All fighting games can be susceptible to juggles. In tekken 3 there was a loop of a two punch combo by jen that if you landed once you could repeat until the match was over.

Frankly, if they had never made any changes after tekken tag and just kept introducing new characters I would have been happiest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com

PostSubject: Re: Tekken 6 Coming to 360   Tekken 6 Coming to 360 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:11 pm

Naw you could roll out of that, it was hard you had to time it right, but I believe you had to roll to the left just as you touched the ground. The problem I have with Tekken 6 is the new gameplay mechanics whole purpose is to keep me from rolling away from that. I don't have issues with 3-4 hit juggles, but when the game breaks down to 7 and 8 hit juggles. I stop having fun, because I'm no longer a player, I'm a spectator watching my guy bounce around. VF5 has always been like that which is why it was never my favorite fighter. Lots of awesome unique characters, but the juggling system was ridiculous to me because I came up playing Tekken and was used to being able to roll away from shit. Soul Calibur was even better because you could control how you fell in the air and avoid alot of nasty juggles. I don't like games that boil down to one hit guaranteeing 6-7 more hits everytime like the MVC games. As far as Tekken 6 I know they said they are boosting the life totals because of the longer juggles. I could be wrong if might be great I plan to check it out no matter what.

I liked TAG alot it might be my favorite Tekken, but I liked Tekken 4 alot too. I loved the steve fox character and the wall stuns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tekken 6 Coming to 360   Tekken 6 Coming to 360 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tekken 6 Coming to 360
Page 1 of 1