þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GW2 Server list

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

GW2 Server list - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW2 Server list   GW2 Server list - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:00 pm

TSW is hard for me genre-wise. In an MMO I do not want my main weapon to be an assault rifle; I love big guy with the axe or the evil necro kind of thing. 40k is a good match for guns + fantasy lore for me. TSW isn't totally out of my interest spectrum, but AoC was way more on par. AoC could have a few bugs and keep me tolerant because of lore, TSW (to no fault of their own) doesn't get that luxury for me.

My issues with it so far:
1) Turning/strafing/memory leak: oh dear god. This is ruining my experience because I feel like my char is wearing a neck brace from getting hit by a bus.
2) questing management: in a close second, they are forcing me to meta manage my own quest logs needlessly. Show me on the map, a la AoC, where the shit is. So much re-running over the same pathways. If I were a PvE strategist or playing a game for the story it MIGHT be different, but this is annoying.
3) I don't know if they're planning on having open world pvp for factions, but if not, I will develop an ulcer from not being able to kill the Illuminati fag that just took my quest item.
4) warzones pop really slow. Don't know why and I'm assuming that could change, but it could hours before one pops.
5) overall, the game just doesn't have a fluidity to it that I feel (which is simply my own expectations) that it should. With AoC being a very fluid combat experience, and TERA is another good example, I don't see how funcom is making/keeping/releasing TSW sluggish. This was my major knock on GW2 as well, and it was more fluid than TSW.

I love some of what TERA has done, and I'm committed to getting to 21 to do some content with Simon, but unless more PvP content comes fast it will die on me. The developer comments say end of summer for warzones and maybe never for RvR. I don't see me lasting that long.

Sadly, I'm thinking GW2 is where I'll spend most of my time, mainly because I've already purchased it. Combat is similar to TSW IMO but the access to pvp content is exponentially better developed ATM. I wouldn't pay for TSW at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Server list   GW2 Server list - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Thrym wrote:

My issues with it so far:
3) I don't know if they're planning on having open world pvp for factions, but if not, I will develop an ulcer from not being able to kill the Illuminati fag that just took my quest item.
4) warzones pop really slow. Don't know why and I'm assuming that could change, but it could hours before one pops.
5) overall, the game just doesn't have a fluidity to it that I feel (which is simply my own expectations) that it should. With AoC being a very fluid combat experience, and TERA is another good example, I don't see how funcom is making/keeping/releasing TSW sluggish. This was my major knock on GW2 as well, and it was more fluid than TSW.

I could not really argue with your first two.

As for three and four this is specially a PVE closed beta event designed to test PVE areas so that is likely why you are seeing so little pvp. Even though three of us seem to have gotten invites it seems to be a very small testing group and I think Templar are the most popular choice at the moment.

So if we play on a PvP server and in a less populated faction i think you will see alot more PvP once it goes live. Controling
the PvP warzones gives your faction game wide bonuses so that is a big incentive for people.

Five... I feel combat is very fluid except for when i am not being dragged to death by lag or the memory leak bug. It is a little slower that AoC character speed wise, but you are never forced to stand still for any of your abilities.

Also i do agree the handling of the quest log/ quest chains is a little annoying.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Server list   GW2 Server list - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Fluidity is still an issue, but speed might be a better descriptor of what I'm looking for. I don't feel like the responsiveness of the controls is good and each ability seems to have a beginning, active, an finishing dynamic. I hate that. DWW was boom it happened, and the combo system kept you active before execution.

GW2 played slow and TSW plays slower. I think at this point that games should be as fast/fluid as its predecessors and with this recent batch they plain and simply are not. I can see where TSW stole things from AoC as I'm playing, which only leaves me baffled as to why they did or did not steal certain aspects. Speed and fluidity being my number one wtf why not?

Going from TERA to TSW is like hopping off your motorcycle onto a golf cart.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Server list   GW2 Server list - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:46 am

Thrym wrote:
Fluidity is still an issue, but speed might be a better descriptor of what I'm looking for. I don't feel like the responsiveness of the controls is good and each ability seems to have a beginning, active, an finishing dynamic. I hate that. DWW was boom it happened, and the combo system kept you active before execution.

most of the responsiveness problems i have seen are lag/memory leak issues. As far as DWW thats because you/we/other players were combo molding AKA glitching/cheating/exploiting, if you played and used it like you were suppose to it operated just like most of the abilities in TSW.

AoC and Tera both required you to stop moving to excute abilities TSW does not. Being forced to stop is not fluid.

Certain weapons are slower; the assualt rifle for example has alot of slow abilities unlike blades which can activate 3 abilities (the four horsemen, flying daggers, and then the choas ability genoic (SP)) in less than a second which buy the way kills me and randy before we even know its happening.

PS also there are threads on the beta forums about slower than normal(other game) turning speeds and the devs are looking into it.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Server list   GW2 Server list - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Some of us played after molding was cut, I was referring to the full execution.

I can't tell, seeing as this is over the wide wide world of web, if you're going fanboy on me or agreeing with me.

Bottomline, pace of combat is slow IMO and the game isn't ready.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Server list   GW2 Server list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:11 pm

* Fixed an issue where mouse sensitivity appeared to be lost after playing for a while.

from last nights patch notes.

also

PVP
* It is now possible to leave London's Fight Club via the door.

i didnt even know this existed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Server list   GW2 Server list - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GW2 Server list
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2