þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Choose Your Path!

Go down 
4 posters

Which Advanced Class are you going to pick at first?
Commando
Choose Your Path! I_vote_lcap0%Choose Your Path! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Vanguard
 0% [ 0 ]
Scoundrel
 0% [ 0 ]
Gunslinger
 0% [ 0 ]
Jedi Sentinel
 0% [ 0 ]
Jedi Guardian
 0% [ 0 ]
Jedi Wizard
 0% [ 0 ]
Jedi Shadow
 0% [ 0 ]
Powertech
Choose Your Path! I_vote_lcap25%Choose Your Path! I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Mercenary
 0% [ 0 ]
Sith Juggernaut
 0% [ 0 ]
Sith Marauder
 25% [ 1 ]
Operative
 25% [ 1 ]
Sniper
 0% [ 0 ]
Sith Sorcerer
 25% [ 1 ]
Sith Assassin
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm probably going to go BH tank (Powertech) at first since BH is pure awesomeness and we'll be needing a tank if we wanna do those group quests.

Classes descriptions can be found in this little article : MMORPG.com's Gamescom Wrap-Up

Jedi Wizard... ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:02 pm

You left off the force choke a bitch class so i choose marauder.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:32 am

Yeah, I believe they're gonna change back the Sith Marauder to Sith Choker, but they're keeping the Wizard for sure.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:40 pm

I don't know enough about the difference between sith sorcerer and assassin, but I'm looking at one of those two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:14 pm

Sith Sorcerer seems to be more of the caster type, using lightning to DPS or life drain abilities to heal them and their group. They're the only healer the Empire has.

Sith Assassin on the other hand is a stealthy DPS class, using saberstaff ala Darth Maul.

I just wonder if the Assassin gets any spells or is more of a melee DPS, thief style.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:56 pm

Palpatine is the emperor/lord of the sith for a reason. Guess I'm leaning sorcerer.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:02 pm

Thrym wrote:
Palpatine is the emperor/lord of the sith for a reason. Guess I'm leaning sorcerer.
palpatine was a dirty cod piece that was defeated by a crippled/fat old man and his cry baby son.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:20 pm

Thiazi wrote:
Thrym wrote:
palpatine was a dirty cod piece that was defeated by a crippled/fat old man and his cry baby son.

If you follow comic lore he's still orchestrating everything behind the scenes afterwards since he set up clone labs for himself all over the galaxy. It's ok, I already have the leash picked out for you vader.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:49 pm

And I'll have the Sarlacc just for me!
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:18 am

I finally read the article and liked the guys take on it. This class breakdown looks like shit to me. We could see it coming a mile away and I hate to say it, but it looks like Bioware has sold out in every way for this game. Just like Lucas did with the second SW trilogy, they're trying to make this game for everyone and apparently have thrown lore out the window in exchange for plagarism and bland design. I'm hoping these classes get redone like what happened with AoC. It's too late to change mechanics, but the terrible names should really be altered.

I apologize for the following nerd alert, but it's not like you guys won't know EXACTLY what I'm talking about:

A BH tank? That doesn't make one bit of sense to me. I don't think of bounty hunters as the front lines of action saying 'here I am' to their mark. I mean, they could, but then they'd just be shitty BHs.

An armor wearing Jedi tank doesn't make sense either. In KOTOR, as a jedi your best armor was a 4 armor rating, while the soldiers started at 8. I know I've read lore somewhere about the sith choosing to use armor and enhancements and the jedi choosing to go without. I guess they feel like it's thousands of years before episode 1, so they can hide behind the different era.

A stealth jedi seems contrary to most of the lore as well. I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility, but sith specifically train in infiltration and deception.

A shotgun wielding scoundrel. WT...Fuck it, I won't even bitch. Throw in 12 guages. Might as well.

Maul was an assassin? Don't they even call him a marauder in his book?

The problem is they tried to mirror the classes between Republic and Empire too much. Why can't a sith warrior be the main tank path, and the republic soldier be the main tank path? Because they aren't both jedi or both firearm based? Fuckin AoC at least made some sense every now and then.
"Stygians aren't plate wearing warriors that translate to a tank in this world."
"But now they don't have a tank."
"Yeah, so?"

Fuck, even wow does this.
"Horde's evil, they shouldn't have paladins."
"Ya know, with these new blood elves, they could actually be paladins with their lore and disposition?"
"But they're the only horde that can be paladin?"
"Right, the others are evil and/or it doesn't match their lore."
"Ok, makes sense."

Don't get me wrong, I know I'm going to try the game, but the reasoning is pure fanboy at this point. I'm still leaning Sith Sorcerer. That puts us at a tank, DPS, and healer.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 4:32 pm

I agree with you on that.

They are making this game to satisfy a broad audience and it shows on a lot of the aspects of the game, specially classes. Some classes just look weird to see in a SW universe, but then if its at least well executed and brings some nice additions to the table, I don't mind it that much.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:08 am

Yeah, I like classes to be different too. I liked Starcraft over Warcraft II because the races were different. Warcraft III took it even further, and was better for it.

Also, I voted incorrectly for the operative. Looking at mercenary right now, but not sure on missile mechanics. We'll see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:22 am

Krig wrote:
Yeah, I like classes to be different too. I liked Starcraft over Warcraft II because the races were different. Warcraft III took it even further, and was better for it.

Also, I voted incorrectly for the operative. Looking at mercenary right now, but not sure on missile mechanics. We'll see how it goes.

Dynamite drop in Monty.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:48 am

Thrym wrote:
Krig wrote:

Dynamite drop in Monty.

I heard that
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:48 am

Thrym wrote:
Krig wrote:

Dynamite drop in Monty.

careful he might quit the guild
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:03 am

I'm only krig's friend cause I feel sorry for him. Boom, roasted.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:08 am

I lol'd...
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:30 am

Thrym wrote:
I'm only krig's friend cause I feel sorry for him. Boom, roasted.

Thats actually how I got my first GF to have sex with me.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Thiazi wrote:
Thrym wrote:
Krig wrote:

Dynamite drop in Monty.

careful he might quit the guild

I well!

I hadn't seen any one of you in AoC in over a month once I started quitting my toons. If you recall, last time this happened I joined RoC until you guys returned.

Should HoU return to AoC, I well join again. This time, just like last time, I was the last one to give up the ghost after everyone had left.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Character sheet
Character Name:

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:24 pm

yea its cool. I very seriously doubt I will ever return to aoc.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Thiazi wrote:
yea its cool. I very seriously doubt I will ever return to aoc.

Yeah, he's soo in love with his purples in WoW, he keeps telling us about them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Choose Your Path! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Path!   Choose Your Path! Empty

Back to top Go down

Choose Your Path!
Page 1 of 1