þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heya Bear Shamans.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Heya Bear Shamans.   Heya Bear Shamans. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:42 am

I'm having problems pvping effectively. I can strafe in circles all day but I pause too long to hit my combos. Keybinding suggestions? Way to practice the execution of combos? How did you guys figure it out?
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya Bear Shamans.   Heya Bear Shamans. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:52 am

Vic is probably the best to ask, or kimi. I'm not the best BS there ever was. I've noticed that BS is one of if not the slowest weapon swinger in the game, so quick moving is pivotal.

What I use, however; is a 15 button mouse. I love it and it works for me. If you google for 'wow mouse' (it was made for wow) you'll find it easy enough and you can normally find one for around $50.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya Bear Shamans.   Heya Bear Shamans. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:54 am

Key Bindings will help.

Disclaimer: everyone has their own setup fine something that works for you.

for example

Left Middle Right
E R T

Lowerleft Lowerright
S G

then i have most of my combos around those keys on the

w,q,y,u,d,f,c buttons W,D,F,Y are the combos i use the most since those are the easiest to move to

i use 123456 for CC or instance cast or what ever

F1 is macroed to use health and stam potions

alt+1,2,3,4,5,6 is for other abilites

that generaly covers everything i need

My guess is you are keyboard turning/moving stop that shit right now and learn to use your mouse. circle strafing is only good against someone willing to stand in one spot. What is important is you keep moving towards your opponets back perferably in random directions instead of the same left turn.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya Bear Shamans.   Heya Bear Shamans. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:51 am

I'm not the best PvPer, but here are some basic tips.

The key to melee PvP, and PvP in general is to hit and not get hit. In order to achieve this, you'll want to be unpredictable. Moving from left to right in crazy patterns, using a tiny bit of sprint here and there to avoid the combo of your opponent. You always want to be moving, even when loading your combos.

For the hitting part... The most important part is to hit your combo finisher. I believe now that they changed it, you'll be doing less damage for each combo hits you miss (red arrow icon), but you'll still be doing good damage even if you miss some (always more than your normal "white" attacks). A common practice in PvP in order to land that big empowered combo is to use CC before doing it. As a BS, you can get your heal, manifestation and rune on, knockback the target, move BEHIND him while cranking you combo up, then pop Renewal and unload that big combo in the back of your target. As for hitting a moving target, it's all about practice. I try to keep my most useful ability as close as possible (4-5-6-Z-C for melee combos, I also seperate them when possible to have the ones to the right finish with a right arrow and the ones to the left to finish with a left... but thats a preference. I use Shift+1,2,3 for heals, Ctrl+1,2,3 for Magical CCs, manifestation and rune, and use Alt+1,2,3,4,Q,E for all my great resistance, immunity, and damage reduction buffs).

Aiming for the backside (standing to the left of your enemy when finishing with a "Right" arrow, right when "Left" arrow, and straight behind when finishing with a "Up" arrow) will also maximize your damage.

If you want to practice this a bit, we could make a little PvP Training between us!
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya Bear Shamans.   Heya Bear Shamans. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:30 pm

also like barbs all of the really good bear shamans combo mold. I think its a bullshit tatic but it is a fact of life and unavoidable of you want to be the best.

combo molding is where you interupt the animation of a multi hit combo but still do full damage. it takes some practice to get right. What you do is when your animation starts wait for the second swing of your animation then double tap or jump to interupt the combo if you time it correctly all of the damage will be applie but you dont have to wait for the animation to play out. This is a huge increase for your dps because now you can hit with combos twice as fast. If you ever played a ranger in wow or aoin its similar to a jumpshot.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Victorious

Victorious

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya Bear Shamans.   Heya Bear Shamans. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:42 pm

pvp combos:
-Two Highest lvls of CA, try to keep the CA stacked vs medium or higher try to get at minimal x3, light and down try to get x2
-SB IV,(use sB V at your discression, its a longer animation which could result in being interupted since its a 3 step).
-Then use all your manifestations (again depends on the situation on which one you will use)

Build:
-Get yourself a good build. AOC main forums cookie cutter builds. Those are really the best ones. -Tip, if your going to be doing minis, use/get silence, its a must for BS. Silencing caster will be one of your main things to do in mini game pvp.
-I am currently runing silence/rampage build. extra dps with a silence. No bubble Sad

Keybinds:
I use a N52TE Belkin gaming bad with a logitic mouse with like 8-10 key binds. With a custom GUI. IMO melee needs to keybid their moves. You must find what works for your the best. But as a BS, you have alot of moves and the faster you are executing moves the better position you will be in to react.
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya Bear Shamans.   Heya Bear Shamans. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:46 pm

and yes combo mold.

Also if you play a female BS, your fucked! Female BS are harder to combo mold do to the animations, GG funcom, its doable but i can get it about 60-75% of time

where as a male BS can combo mold about 100% of time, its easier to do with the fluid animations.

What I do is CA then i move move forward right before it connects and start the next combo. and have the next move qued up. Basically u can execute 2 directions before you use them
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya Bear Shamans.   Heya Bear Shamans. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:50 pm

my favorite combo mold is the Knock back and a SB, they are in the air, circle strafe them and right as they get up, your landing a finisher in their back, they BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and send QQ tells. You have been warned.
Back to top Go down
hex!

hex!

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya Bear Shamans.   Heya Bear Shamans. EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:42 pm

BTW, what's the CD and duration on booming roar?
Back to top Go down
Victorious

Victorious

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya Bear Shamans.   Heya Bear Shamans. EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:51 pm

6 sec duration and 45sec cool down i believe. I know they silenced for 6 seconds for certain.
Back to top Go down

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Thanks a bunch.   Heya Bear Shamans. EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Thanks guys for all the help. Not sure if i'll ever be comfortable with mouse movement, but I'm currently working out the keybind issues. Also combos are coming a lot easier now, and the tip on CA is also helpful. Combo molding sounds difficult but I'm sure with some practice I'll get the hang of it. Took down my first 50 last night in a 1v1 at full health. Was exciting. Lots of practice ahead of me though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heya Bear Shamans. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heya Bear Shamans.   Heya Bear Shamans. Empty

Back to top Go down

Heya Bear Shamans.
Page 1 of 1