þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First MMORPG

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

First MMORPG Empty
PostSubject: First MMORPG   First MMORPG EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:26 pm

This is my first MMORPG. I started out with FPS with Half-Life's TFC, then graduated to CStrike at beta 5 (shotgun sniping FTW!). I've played DR (MUD game) on and off for a little more than 10 years now.

I'm curious what the easiest class to start out is. Tank, spell caster, etc. Also curious what would seem to fit my playstyle the best.

Obviously, Darkfall is going to have specific differences, but I would like to have an outline of what to start out with based on the group's experiences with other MMORPGS. That way I can hit the ground running and try to keep up with everyone else.

I tend to prefer instant effects vs prep times, even if they are weaker effects. I also dislike having to buff myself and would rather jump into the fray with little/no preparation.

In DR, I like Thieves and Barbarians(KHRI/Dance and go). If I am using magic, I like meta-magic with some attack spells. WM are too one sided and moon mages are too non-combatish. I run a cleric in addition to my thief and Barbarian.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

First MMORPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: First MMORPG   First MMORPG EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 5:26 pm

The beauty of darkfall is there are no classes. Like DR it is a skill based game, however, unlike DR there are no levels or classes. What that means is you can learn to do everything or focus on certain things. Unfortunately there is very little information on the specifics of the game right now. Once the NDA (Non-disclosure Act)is lifted we will know more. For now i recommend googling darkfall beta leaks, that is where most of our knowledge comes from.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com

First MMORPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: First MMORPG   First MMORPG EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Dark fall beta leaks Nice I got to check it out. I like the classless design too.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

First MMORPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: First MMORPG   First MMORPG EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 6:57 pm

glad to see you finally made it haddratta
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com