þrymheimr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ÞRYMHIEMR
Home of the House of Uproar forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

krig your first thoughts?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Character Name:

krig your first thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: krig your first thoughts?   krig your first thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:05 am

So tell us how you feel about the game after your first night? Likes, Dislikes, what would make the game better? just give us a good run down, and we will try and offer suggestions to help improve any areas we can.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Krig

Krig

Number of posts : 1014

Character sheet
Character Name: Alaric

PostSubject: Re: krig your first thoughts?   krig your first thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Well, I figured out the combo system. Not rocket science, I just didn't quite understand the controls. Things are much easier now.

Also, I remember you guys saying BS doesn't get good until 25. I ran through the first 30 minutes or so(basic combat - to the apes) again with DT and Guardian and it was much easier and enjoyable. I'm willing to give BS more time now that I understand the game better.

I'm not sure, is renewal a spell? If so I don't hate the casting/magic system, it is actually pretty nice.

Lowering the graphics settings a bit helped. I didn't realize I was only getting like 10-15 FPS. Now I am at about 35 FPS. Seems a little stuttery in combat, but definitely better. This is my first SLI computer, so I am not entirely sure it is working correctly. I expected a little more horsepower from this machine.

Anyone know tweaks for nvidia cards/sli?

Also, itching to change the hotkey controls from 1-0 on top of the keyboard to the 10-key/keypad to the right. Thinking 1,2,3 are the basic attacks with 4-9 combo starters. Either that or 4-6 basic attacks with 123,789 being combos. We'll see how it runs. What was the name of the prog that did keybinds?

Still haven't messed with mouse look and autoaim. I remember Thiazi I think said to turn it off because everything does splash. autoaim is only marginally useful and actually messed me up a few times when I targetted the girl you rescue in the first quest.

Hopefully see you guys tonight. Does everyone play everyday? Which days most frequently?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com/
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: krig your first thoughts?   krig your first thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:40 pm

DirectX 10 seems to slow some games down, gonna try 9 and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
modx

Number of posts : 357

Character sheet
Character Name: Solomon

PostSubject: Re: krig your first thoughts?   krig your first thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:54 pm

I try to be on Monday thur. friday at night around 5pm and sometimes on the weekend as well if I have nothing planed. But work and school sometimes mess that schedule up. But starting next week I am off from school for two weeks so I should be able to get a lot more game time in.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Seum

PostSubject: Re: krig your first thoughts?   krig your first thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:16 pm

We play regularly m-f after about 4:30 or 5. Weekends normally are sporadic from the entire time, to very little.

My best advice from what you wrote is don't judge any of the classes too quickly. You don't really know enough about how they play until around 40. Of those you just listed, I can tell you we'd all still say go with the BS.

I think you'll gain the most depth of what you want to play if you try a caster (necro, TOS, demo) and then a stealth user (ranger, assasin, barb) to see the differences. 0-25 BS, DT, and Guard are pretty similar really (especially the DT and Guard), and trying those other archetypes will broaden your understanding.

Also, in the game there's normal character levels, and then PvP levels. We all (except vic) have a couple characters that we are keeping at 20-25 character level, to do PvP at White Sands (where we took you last night) and gain PvP levels. You can get a 20 stealth user, 20 caster, 20 healer, and 20 soldier made fairly quickly (especially once the 5-20 destiney quests become familiar) and spend some time seeing the 'how' that suits you best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prymheimr.com
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: krig your first thoughts?   krig your first thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:58 pm

I want to give the BS a fair shot. I think with stone claws that I have now(A one hour buff? Love that) and maybe a bigger stick to swing at people, I'll be happier with the BS class.

The scimitar you get from the slaver is pretty freaking awesome for me right now with the guard and DT.

I'll decide on a magic user later, plus a sin and a barb.

FYI
Switching to directX 9 and doing this: Thought I would report in that turning "Threaded optimization" to "ON" instead of "Auto" made a big performance difference on my system. For whatever reason it does not appear to me that "auto" is being properly detected. Turning this to "on" literally doubled my frame rate in AOC.

Gave me about 50-60 FPS. I recommend those of you with Nvidia cards give it a shot. It is under advanced preferences in your nvidia control panel. No sure if its switching to DX9 or the Threaded optimization that did it. When I'm on later tonight I'll try DX10 again and see what I get.
Back to top Go down
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: krig your first thoughts?   krig your first thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Krig wrote:

The scimitar you get from the slaver is pretty freaking awesome for me right now with the guard and DT.

If you ever make it to 80, there will be a time you'll look back and laugh at this.
Back to top Go down
Krig

Krig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: krig your first thoughts?   krig your first thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:13 pm

Thrym wrote:
Krig wrote:

If you ever make it to 80, there will be a time you'll look back and laugh at this.

I imagine it will be like going from starter weapons in DR to store bought. Can't wait for 'forged quality'.
Back to top Go down
Thiazi

Thiazi

Number of posts : 1909

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: krig your first thoughts?   krig your first thoughts? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:07 am

the color code of equipment in DR terms

white = starting
green = store bought
blue = forge
purple = special auction limited edition

the colors are refering the to color of the name of the item.

The only recommendation I will make on class type is DO NOT play a DT. Now with that said if you really want to prove to us how badass you are and end up with a server distaste for aoc all at the same time give it a shot.
If you decide you want to play the DT we will help you and pick up your slack, just remember I warned you.
Alot of classes shine at 25 in white sands because they are top of the food chain. But something to remember is this will change by level 40 and then again by level 80. The classes in this game do not scale evenly. the Soldier classes are a good example, they can not wear heavy armor until level 30, so at level 25 they are weak barbarians with more HP and less DPS and CC. But at 30 with heavy armor they become much more potent and a much better match against the rouge classes.

The point i am trying to make is find something you like the STYLE of (casting, melee, ranged, stealth.) And play it because it is fun to play, not because they are super strong at lvl 10 or 20. Because most of the classes you see dominating right now, wont be in 20 or 30 lvls.

Also keep in mind that unlike DR you can hit max level in a month if you really just grind, so most people will end up with several characters at 80.
Back to top Go down
http://Prymheimr.com
Thrym

Thrym

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: krig your first thoughts?   krig your first thoughts? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:56 am

Thrym wrote:
spend some time seeing the 'how' that suits you best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: krig your first thoughts?   krig your first thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

krig your first thoughts?
Page 1 of 1